Since Gruden has a fat contract

Bill O'Brien was the coach at Penn St and bailed on them.
Can you blame him? After the bomb that the NCAA dropped on him and the program a few months after his hire, I’d probably be looking to exit stage left at the first opportunity. And when that opportunity is a HC job in the NFL it’s a pretty easy decision.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
That leaves Bill O'Brien , lately of the Texans. He was recently fired for head-scratching trades ( J Clowney for a conditional 4th round draft) and a Hitleresque attitude in the way he ran the front office. Bad trades is a non-issue in college and his base salary was about 7 million ( chump change to a major college) . He did a great job at Penn State and won 3 of 4 divisional crowns in the AFC South. He is a winner and currently unemployed. Why not call him?
Because he sucks?

This is UT. While most other teams get the guitar player we always seem to wind up with cousin virgil.

Jesus, I don’t know which is worse, trading DHop for DJ or Gruden’s retarded ass letting Khalil Mack walk.
That looked like a horrible trade at the time, and Mack is still a beast. However, you can't deny the fact that the Raiders have improved a lot since that trade. The Hopkins trade was FAR, FAR worse. At least Gruden got some high draft picks in return. Hopkins was traded away to the Cardinals for a pack of gum.

I wouldn’t mind going outside the box and hiring an NFL offensive guy. That said college football is a different animal with cut down prep and practice and recruiting.

I would go after Meyer (no chance in hell), Freeze (we’re too stupid to), then look around at college and NFL assistants. I do think we need to look at an offensive coach though.

Since Jon Gruden has a ten year guaranteed contract at 10 million per year, I dont think we can pry him loose from THE RAIDERS and their cheesy fake flame in Vegas. That leaves Bill O'Brien , lately of the Texans. He was recently fired for head-scratching trades ( J Clowney for a conditional 4th round draft) and a Hitleresque attitude in the way he ran the front office. Bad trades is a non-issue in college and his base salary was about 7 million ( chump change to a major college) . He did a great job at Penn State and won 3 of 4 divisional crowns in the AFC South. He is a winner and currently unemployed. Why not call him?

Tennessee does not need a coaching change anytime soon.

200.gif

Last week Gruden was seen wearing an orange tie. Doesn't this seem like an omen? We just need to pay him a lot and get him here as HC!

VN Store

Back