Sidell Corley

vavol87

The Latest: Nation's No. 5 DE Will Visit Vols — 12/15/2006
With numbers becoming an increasing issue for Tennessee on the recruiting front, it's looking like one of the biggest remaining needs for the Vols is still along the defensive line. To that end, members of the Tennessee...[details]
What week will he be visiting??

The Latest: Nation's No. 5 DE Will Visit Vols — 12/15/2006
With numbers becoming an increasing issue for Tennessee on the recruiting front, it's looking like one of the biggest remaining needs for the Vols is still along the defensive line. To that end, members of the Tennessee...[details]
What week will he be visiting??

No official date but in January.

Our DL list is getting huge with less than 2 months to go. We are looking at 10-13 DL and likely only going to take 3.

is corley just going to take this as a free visit or are we emerging in his recruitment?

We are a player. He is still commited to UF and could very possibly remain that way. But, we have been on him hard and he really likes Chavis a lot. We have seen visited him 3 times in the last 3 weeks. He likes that the coaches are upfront and real with him. (i.e. Anti-Houston Nutt) Ooops, maybe that was a low blow.

He says he is still committed but wants to make sure he is making the right choice. I think we have a shot once he gets here, but, if we don't land him, I'm sure we will land one of about 6 other stud DEs we are pursuing.

what if we got 2 of those 3 that would be amazing but i know the chances of that are slim to none

I really don't know if we are trying to land more than 1 DE. If Rufus Williams jumps, then we would push for two. We already have Rufus Williams, Gerald Williams, and Chris Walker that can all be DEs. We have 22 commitments and I would look to finish with 30-31. Once you take Donald, Melancon, Berry, and Creer, we only have 4-5 schollys left. We would still want 1 more DT, 1-2 more DEs, and 1-2 more DB/athletes.

amen, it's so hard to eval a DL prospect and with injuries, we need more

Umm, let me make it a little clearer for you. We have 3-4 DL already committed. They will likely sign 3 more. That gives us a total of 6-7.

3+3=6 3+4=7

The UT coaches told Walker they want to play him at outside linebacker.

He is going to start out at LB because if he can play that position at his size he will be special. But, if he is not able to play the position as well as we want him to he will very quickly be moved to DE. He has plenty of frame to carry 260 pounds and at his speed and with his athletic ability he could be an all-american DE. Not to mention, he will get a look at TE if he does not stick at LB. If his hands are good enough, he could be a stud TE.

Umm, let me make it a little clearer for you. We have 3-4 DL already committed. They will likely sign 3 more. That gives us a total of 6-7.

3+3=6 3+4=7

hmmmmmmm, thanks for pointing out the simple addition, I'll bet you've just got the girls beating down your door. I was talking about is that imo you should never turn away a very highly rated D-lineman just because you have X amount committed. So many guys dominate at the highschool level simply because of size and strength. Then they get to the major D-1 level and they need the good motor and technique, those that cant learn or dont have that inner fire fail miserably.

I don't understand what your first comment has to do anything.

Well, if you can suit up a DE or DT at WR, QB, S, CB, etc., then I suppose you can take as many DL as you want, but we can't. We have other needs to fill. 4 DEs and 3 DTs in this class is enough.

so are you saying that we should leave dunlap, martin, corley, austin, and melancon all out?

I don't understand what your first comment has to do anything.

Well, if you can suit up a DE or DT at WR, QB, S, CB, etc., then I suppose you can take as many DL as you want, but we can't. We have other needs to fill. 4 DEs and 3 DTs in this class is enough.

your not sure? hmmmmm, I wonder if my response has anything to do with you childish sarcasm?

VN Store

Back