SIAP..Saban with hip replacement surgery today.

My Dad had a knee replaced. The Dr. said that hips recover quicker because they don't have to displace all the ligaments. I'm sure it is still painful thought.

I just don't get the uptick in joint replacements; other than caused by obesity, (I guess that's the majority) But Saban should be in great shape. Maybe it's in the genes; but my 90 yr old Dad has never needed any joint work; neither did my 90 plus year old Grandparents. Chalk it up Country Living and Hard Work-----I reckon. The body was made to keep moving; and for strenuous activity.

I just don't get the uptick in joint replacements; other than caused by obesity, (I guess that's the majority) But Saban should be in great shape. Maybe it's in the genes; but my 90 yr old Dad has never needed any joint work; neither did my 90 plus year old Grandparents. Chalk it up Country Living and Hard Work-----I reckon. The body was made to keep moving; and for strenuous activity.
Hips did ok with strenuous but varied real work, like farming. They take a beating with sports and running; anything that involves excessive repetition hitting the same joints over and over. Same with knees (add jumping out of aircraft for knees.)

And in fact, you might have lucked into good genes.

Reactions: BigDave
Saban might be busy formulating a response to the financial adviser who claims Alabama was one of the schools he made payments to football players.

Reactions: bigorangepoppa
Between two parents, I've seen three hip replacements. In each case, they were better 4-6 weeks after surgery than they had been for years before. Saban will probably be ready to go another decade after this.

Reactions: VolNExile
Quicker recovery when surgeons can do a frontal opening for the hip replaceme t rather than the older standard side open replacement.Much less muscle to retract and cut through.Less pain.Daughter had hips done frontally 1month apart.Got up and walked the same day of surgery.She is not obese(you idiot),but,had degenerative arthritis from childhood.She is actually my step-daughter,but,since her twelve.year birthday,we have raised and loved her.Carrie is now54.

Reactions: VolNExile
Hmmm....you'd think the Devil could just wave his wand and fix it for Nick, but, I guess he has his reasons....apparently his pact didn't include a health care package.

Hips did ok with strenuous but varied real work, like farming. They take a beating with sports and running; anything that involves excessive repetition hitting the same joints over and over. Same with knees (add jumping out of aircraft for knees.)

And in fact, you might have lucked into good genes.

Yep. They did (And so did I ) Real Work. I think you're on to something.

My dad and friend had replacements recently and it is not nearly the ordeal or recovery it once was.... he'll be good to go in a couple months

Yep; especially if Dr. James Andrews did the surgery; and I'm betting he did. That old dude is still the best.

VN Store

Back