SIAP, but looks like Kellie Harper turning out…

Sorry, but i beg to differ. Justine is top-talent, #11 recruit this cycle. The freshman class she recruited (top 15) is paying huge dividends already in their freshman year against top competition. And she has recruited very well out of the transfers to fill positions of need, and they have been very effective this season. Also, don't forget she had to recruit Key, Burrell, and Horston to stay after Holly left. I'm sure that wasn't easy, but she did it.

Maybe her recruiting has so far not been elite, but it has been solid and very good for someone trying to reconstruct a program. I think it's too early to expect her to recruit with SC and UConn. She has to prove herself first. She's in the process of doing just that.
Probably true. Lady vol fans got use to signing numerous top 5 recruits each year under coach Summit. Much more difficult now to recruit at that high level unless you are South Carolina, UConn, or maybe a couple of others like Louisville. What annoys me is that so many top recruits that don’t go to those top schools are signing with teams like Arizona, Oregon, etc., not so many pick tennessee. Maybe with a deep run in ncaa tournament and Kellie getting more personal relationships it will improve.

I give her credit for a great start with her best player on the shelf. But I also remember Holly got off to similar starts when she was the coach here, and you also can't ignore the backbone of this team is players she recruited. My biggest concerns are the offense is a trainwreck, hovering around historically bad numbers most of the season, and recruiting. Homers can try to play it down all they want, but the fact that this current high the program is on doesn't seem to be resonating with recruits, at all, is very troubling.

Nice start Kellie, but let's see how you finish. I got crushed here in March when I said the a** whooping to Michigan was devastating to the program on so many levels. Ten months and 0 recruits later...
This is fair. Hopefully we don’t fall off a cliff during the rest of this season and can make a deep run in ncaa tour. Recruiting remains an issue.

I give her credit for a great start with her best player on the shelf. But I also remember Holly got off to similar starts when she was the coach here, and you also can't ignore the backbone of this team is players she recruited. My biggest concerns are the offense is a trainwreck, hovering around historically bad numbers most of the season, and recruiting. Homers can try to play it down all they want, but the fact that this current high the program is on doesn't seem to be resonating with recruits, at all, is very troubling.

Nice start Kellie, but let's see how you finish. I got crushed here in March when I said the a** whooping to Michigan was devastating to the program on so many levels. Ten months and 0 recruits later...
Holly had a worse out of conference SOS. Kellie improved the overall SOS, with similar or better results with less McDonald’s All-Americans. Think Kellie has 1 but Holly had 7 or more…

dirtball doesn't mention that that "backbone" of the team were freshmen that CKH had to re-recruit to get them to stay after Warlick was removed. They never were coached by Holly. TG! Therefore, all credit to CKH. And only for the first 3 games, after losing Burrell to injury was the offense below par. Since then, it's been mostly double-digit victory margins. How much more would you need?

Last edited:
dirtball doesn't mention that that "backbone" of the team were freshmen that CKH had to re-recruit to get them to stay after Warlick was removed. They never were coached by Holly. TG! Therefore, all credit to CKH.

I'm disappointed gule, I thought I made your ignore list some time ago, and I've never known you to be full of it.

Of course Kellie gets credit for convincing the freshmen to stay. Does she get "all credit" for them being at Tennessee? I wouldn't go that far...

Reactions: mcannon1
when people quote / repost your crap all the time, I'm kinda forced into seeing it . Darth.

Blocked posters' content doesn't show up in quotes/reposts. I was wrong, I guess you are full of it...
The block content doesn't show up unless a person decides to click on the content.

Holly's recruits barring injury have at least one more season after this one before they are all gone. Kellie's recruits at Missouri St are still performing well over there.
Kellie should get some credit for convincing the players to stay and Holly should for not leaving the cupboard bare at UT.
Mike Neighbors bailed out on Washington once his ran through all of Kevin McGuff's recruits and went to Arkansas. Arkansas was his dream job and he left the cupboard bare at Washington. He couldn't convince his recruit Aari McDonald to follow him to Arkansas she chose to follow his former assistant coach Adia Barnes to Arizona. I wonder would he have left Washington if he had gotten Sabrina Ionescu since Washington was in her F2.

Last edited:
The best way to judge a coach is by the way he or she develop players , regardless of their high
school rankings. She has done a excellent job
with Keys no doubt, but the amazing thing is how she is taking wild stallions like Horston and Sugar Rae and turning them into thoroughbreds. Horston is becoming the number two player I knew she could be , savvy
and baddazz and turnover free. Remember when Burrell was all over the place in sheer recklessness. Not anymore , thanks to the development employed by coach and staff. Can you imagine Jordan in her senior year ? When has there ever been the team harmony and joy that we are seeing on this team ,this year. Been awhile.
Now that's what I think make this lady a really
great coach.

offense sells tickets
defense wins championships

As long as we score more than we "let" them score,,,np

I looked at this last game. They pressed the heck out of every bringdown,,,if not fc then upon pickup. Most often, if we have 20 or more TO's I look at them individually...Did so for this past game,,,21 turnovers. results:
This was last game:
2022  ol miss game.jpg
(Years ago 21 to's would net 15 unforced and 7 forced)

Probably true. Lady vol fans got use to signing numerous top 5 recruits each year under coach Summit. Much more difficult now to recruit at that high level unless you are South Carolina, UConn, or maybe a couple of others like Louisville. What annoys me is that so many top recruits that don’t go to those top schools are signing with teams like Arizona, Oregon, etc., not so many pick tennessee. Maybe with a deep run in ncaa tournament and Kellie getting more personal relationships it will improve.

Yep. Things like this rebuild take time. elite recruits aren't beating a path to Knoxville because they don't have a feel for how successful Kellie will be, not because they are convinced she isn't a good coach. There just has not been enough time to see one way or the other.

offense sells tickets
defense wins championships

As long as we score more than we "let" them score,,,np

I looked at this last game. They pressed the heck out of every bringdown,,,if not fc then upon pickup. Most often, if we have 20 or more TO's I look at them individually...Did so for this past game,,,21 turnovers. results:
This was last game:
View attachment 428113
(Years ago 21 to's would net 15 unforced and 7 forced)
Thank you Coach. I love these reviews!
Defense wins games, Rebounding wins Championships!

Thank you Coach. I love these reviews!
Defense wins games, Rebounding wins Championships!
they are very telling...we are getting what seems to be the only type of defense they feel they have a chance with (pressuring the ball). No one's throwing zone at us bc we now have a confident shooter and three others who can go off and get in a 3-shooting zone (Rae, Puckett, Walker).

I believe this is why no one is trying to zone us like what used to be successful

they are very telling...we are getting what seems to be the only type of defense they feel they have a chance with (pressuring the ball). No one's throwing zone at us bc we now have a confident shooter and three others who can go off and get in a 3-shooting zone (Rae, Puckett, Walker).

I believe this is why no one is trying to zone us like what used to be successful

the scary thing is we get even better with the three ball with Justine Pissott next year...SHe wants to end her HS career with 500 made-3's....to put that into perspective, Bailey Trumm, an E-80 player,, has the TN HS career record at 416

His bizarre and disturbing obsession/infatuation with me is far too strong for that to happen. Just screams into the oblivion for me... ;)

FEWmHZ_VkAQLNiX.jpg

How would you know? You've got me on ignore, don't you? Afraid of the debate?

He just happened to be in the driver's seat when it became clear patience with Holly had ran out, and a new hire had to be made.

I am not trying to belittle Fulmer's tenure. Or minimize him landing her. But had Kellie not been a former Lady Vol? Would he
have gotten her? Maybe, maybe not. Pat left a big enough legacy to land anyone, but I am sure the fanbase for the Lady Vols
wanted one of our own to come home and take the reins.

Right after she was hired, I just happened to be shopping at a Kroger's store. Turned out Kellie just happened to be there as well.
As I was shopping that day wearing a Tennessee hoodie, I think I passed by her maybe three times, and did not recognize her until we were checking out. Did not say anything to her, but as we were leaving, I did say, "Welcome Home, Coach" in passing.

I am glad she is back, and glad she is getting this program on track again. But as to praising Fulmer for the hire? It is what it is. Would Hart
or Currie have gotten her had it happened earlier? I don't know. Would our current AD have hired her? Again, I don't know. Is what it is.
It’s not a certified homerun hire…yet, but when there’s been disgruntlement or vexation over the hire Fulmer got 100% of the flak. If this ends up being a long term success, he should get 100% of the props.

It’s not a certified homerun hire…yet, but when there’s been disgruntlement or vexation over the hire Fulmer got 100% of the flak. If this ends up being a long term success, he should get 100% of the props.

I suppose he should. I tend to agree with an earlier post that, even though Cronan is longer the AD for women' sports due to them being "unified" under a single AD, she had more to do with the decision to hire Kellie. But since Phil's name is on the contract, I suppose that is what counts. However, I was unaware of any "disgruntlement or vexation" concerning Kellie. Then again, there is always somebody disgruntled or vexed, and I am sure Philly lost plenty of sleep over it. Hopefully he found comfort in a few tasty meals at Shoney's.

I suppose he should. I tend to agree with an earlier post that, even though Cronan is longer the AD for women' sports due to them being "unified" under a single AD, she had more to do with the decision to hire Kellie. But since Phil's name is on the contract, I suppose that is what counts. However, I was unaware of any "disgruntlement or vexation" concerning Kellie. Then again, there is always somebody disgruntled or vexed, and I am sure Philly lost plenty of sleep over it. Hopefully he found comfort in a few tasty meals at Shoney's.
I rarely delve into Lady Vol threads and I still noticed it. ABK Syndrome is a real thing. I could see why many were frustrated at the narrative that Fulmer was set on hiring a female coach from the Summitt tree (personally hoped for Jeff Walz), what works will work. Maybe Shoney’s is the culprit in his size transformation from his early days as HC…but fan flack most likely didn’t inspire it.

I rarely delve into Lady Vol threads and I still noticed it. ABK Syndrome is a real thing. I could see why many were frustrated at the narrative that Fulmer was set on hiring a female coach from the Summitt tree (personally hoped for Jeff Walz), what works will work. Maybe Shoney’s is the culprit in his size transformation from his early days as HC…but fan flack most likely didn’t inspire it.

There are many female branches to the Summitt tree
Whoever made the call, got the one that bears fruit

VN Store

Back