SI says Les Miles is returning to coaching

giphy.gif

I had read earlier that LSwho had bought out Miles previous contract for a one time payment of 1.5 million paid in a lump sum so he is going to Kansas for sure!

I’m guessing all those people pumping Les Miles during our coaching search are feeling pretty dumb right now. Maybe if he was thought of a little higher in the industry he could have gotten a better job like SMU or Oregon State.

Good pickup for Kansas though.

I’m guessing all those people pumping Les Miles during our coaching search are feeling pretty dumb right now. Maybe if he was thought of a little higher in the industry he could have gotten a better job like SMU or Oregon State.

Good pickup for Kansas though.

Oregon St might honestly be the worst Power 5 job. Maybe I missed your sarcasm.

Reactions: BearCat204
Oregon St might honestly be the worst Power 5 job. Maybe I missed your sarcasm.

Yes...I was being sarcastic...Kansas is one of the very worst Power 5 coaching jobs out there. Point was no half way decent Power 5 job was giving Miles a sniff.

Yes...I was being sarcastic...Kansas is one of the very worst Power 5 coaching jobs out there. Point was no half way decent Power 5 job was giving Miles a sniff.

You're right. But I think it's a good spot for him. He'll bring attention to the program and will recruit better than they have in years. If he can get the administration to spend some money, Kansas can be a consistent bowl team.

Reactions: UTwild82
You're right. But I think it's a good spot for him. He'll bring attention to the program and will recruit better than they have in years. If he can get the administration to spend some money, Kansas can be a consistent bowl team.
Nah, big money with another buy out in 4 years

Yeah it wasn't all that longa ago Mangino had them im wanting to say in Fiesta bowl or something. I remember the year they played Missouri when Chase Daniel was Mizzous qb and Missouri was #1 and Kansas was top 5 maybe 2nd or 3rd.

I agree. The middle and lower teams in the Big 12 aren’t quite as strong as the SEC or Big 10 so he could get them to bowl games pretty regularly with some smart OOC scheduling. Plus he’s familiar with recruiting that area already from the OK State days.

I agree. The middle and lower teams in the Big 12 aren’t quite as strong as the SEC or Big 10 so he could get them to bowl games pretty regularly with some smart OOC scheduling. Plus he’s familiar with recruiting that area already from the OK State days.

I can see Les have some success there. If he can dip into Texas, Louisiana, hit the Kansas and Iowa JUCO systems he has a okay recruiting base. Plus having a big name and a resume like his will help early in the process to.

It is for Kansas. It's a terrible job for Les.

It's a basketball school
Hard to recruit there
Resources and money isn't what he's use to
On the flip side.. Could be less stress than what he is used to because of lesser expectations.. He will still be making good money and doing what he loves.. Just a thought..

Put 3 cupcakes on the schedule, then you only have to go 3-6 the rest of the way

Reactions: hUTch2002
Gotta love a defense that plays the play perfectly and can't tackle worth a phucking ****.

VN Store

Back