Showing improvement!!!

JG is a rising junior, and we are having C-QB exchange issues? Didn’t we start the 2018 season with just that problem on the first snap?

I’m not a JG hater by any means, but the guy just doesn’t seems to fully grasp what he needs to do.
Why are you assuming the qb-center exchange is JG’s fault? It’s spring practice and we’re rotating different players at center. Is is humanly possible in your mind that the issue could’ve been with one or two of the centers?

Like it or not 2019 is the year it has to happen, big time, for the football team. After this year the embarrassing creampuff schedule goes away and actual teams fill out the holes around Fla, Bama, and GA. Not 2020, not 2023, this is the season that TN must push for Atlanta. Whatever they end up doing, 2019 will be the high water mark for the program for at least the next ten years. Enjoy!
Because a team with no offensive line should be expected to win the SEC east. Maybe you were being sarcastic and it just flew over my head

My guess is the team has improved significantly, but you're never going to hear CJP come out and say that. He always points towards more improvement is needed and we have a long way to go. That's what coaches do. With better size and strength across the board, this at least gives the team a chance at being more competitive. I think we will see for the first time the enhanced development of the players from this staff.

Why are you assuming the qb-center exchange is JG’s fault? It’s spring practice and we’re rotating different players at center. Is is humanly possible in your mind that the issue could’ve been with one or two of the centers?

Sure. It may be the center. But even then, if JG is a leader, he is practicing this with the guys on their own time to get it right. Our very first play last year had a muffed exchange. I’m sure that was the center’s fault entirely. It’s on the centers, it’s on JG, it’s on the coaches to get this right. I’m just concerned that JG just doesn’t seem to grasp the speed and fundamentals of college football.

We will see this season. Maybe he steps into the role, learns to read a defense, learns to quickly check through his progression, and stop taking massive hits. A lot of that last part is on the OL, I know. But some of it is on him too. When you KNOW your OL is porous and still hang on to the ball, or fail entirely to read a blitz, that part is on you.

I’m pulling for JG because he seems like a good kid and he is our QB. I’m just not confident.

Like it or not 2019 is the year it has to happen, big time, for the football team. After this year the embarrassing creampuff schedule goes away and actual teams fill out the holes around Fla, Bama, and GA. Not 2020, not 2023, this is the season that TN must push for Atlanta. Whatever they end up doing, 2019 will be the high water mark for the program for at least the next ten years. Enjoy!

You shut your hole.

Reactions: Vol Main
Back away from the bong..The schedule is favorable to win somewhere between 7-8 games. We're still way behind several teams in quality depth..You could tell this team ran out of bodies at the end of last year. It's a ground up rebuild, those take more than a year..

Can no one properly record to get some good audio?

The media guys record themselves on their hand held devices, so they can go back to the office and quote themselves. But they have not worked out how to record for the rest of us. Do they even know we exist and watch the videos? How can they not? Looks like another example of "not my job, do not care."

Last edited:
The media guys record themselves on their hand held devices, so they can go back to the office and quote themselves. But they have not worked out how to record for the rest of us. Do they even know we exist and watch the videos? How can they not? Looks like another example of "not my job, do not care."

There's a guy on youtube, Vince Ferrara I think, he records the conferences and practices sometimes. Whenever he does though, it's nice, clear, and loud enough.

Well I thought I was negative

ten years. What a stupid prediction.

I dunno I’m a pretty pessimist person in general but I refuse to believe that Tennessee football will be down forever.. Too much support and resources and flat out program power to be down forever. I think Pruitt is the guy. I think a lot of the problem with the patience of the fans is that we have been told to be patient for so long. I think fans would’ve been much more patient with a guy like Pruitt in 2009 than they are now. ( at least some).

I dunno I’m a pretty pessimist person in general but I refuse to believe that Tennessee football will be down forever.. Too much support and resources and flat out program power to be down forever. I think Pruitt is the guy. I think a lot of the problem with the patience of the fans is that we have been told to be patient for so long. I think fans would’ve been much more patient with a guy like Pruitt in 2009 than they are now. ( at least some).

To me, there is not much to be said that hasn't been said so many times already. We have good everything and good recruits coming in. Soon.

Reactions: Devo182
The nice thing is that when Pruitt says there is improvement in some areas, I tend to think it is not just coach speak since he normally is up there like a water guzzling bald hound dog muttering "Well, we just need to do better". lol
Very vivid description.

Couldn't it also be a backup QB?

Sure. It may be the center. But even then, if JG is a leader, he is practicing this with the guys on their own time to get it right. Our very first play last year had a muffed exchange. I’m sure that was the center’s fault entirely. It’s on the centers, it’s on JG, it’s on the coaches to get this right. I’m just concerned that JG just doesn’t seem to grasp the speed and fundamentals of college football.

We will see this season. Maybe he steps into the role, learns to read a defense, learns to quickly check through his progression, and stop taking massive hits. A lot of that last part is on the OL, I know. But some of it is on him too. When you KNOW your OL is porous and still hang on to the ball, or fail entirely to read a blitz, that part is on you.

I’m pulling for JG because he seems like a good kid and he is our QB. I’m just not confident.

Did you not watch a game last season? I was afraid for that kids life every damn snap, he was a brave mother just to take snaps against some teams. Hearing footsteps doesn't begin to explain what was running through this kid's mind....

Did you not watch a game last season? I was afraid for that kids life every damn snap, he was a brave mother just to take snaps against some teams. Hearing footsteps doesn't begin to explain what was running through this kid's mind....

Part of that is on the OL, and part of it is the fact he could not seem to read a blitz or feel pressure. I hope he learns, and our OL improves. And yes, I shared your fear. That's someone's kid out there, and no one wants to see any kid take that many hard hits.

Like I said, I'm pulling hard for him b/c he is a good kid and he is our QB. I'm just not sure the game is ever going to slow down for him.

VN Store

Back