Shoutout Jordan Bowden

jmva1

Was the reason we won last night. Scores 12 straight points when it looks like Florida might take control of the game. With us down 3 with just about 5 minutes left, comes down and hits a 3, then gets an immediate steal and dunk that puts us up for good. Then right on the next possession could have taken a difficult heat check three, instead made a great pass for a Fulkerson layup.

And most importantly it was Bowden, the knoxville kid, who started the gator chomp at the end. Only fitting

Can’t say enough about Bowden and how valuable he’s been stepping up since he was moved to a 6th man role. You don’t see that maturity often these days in college basketball.

Was the reason we won last night. Scores 12 straight points when it looks like Florida might take control of the game. With us down 3 with just about 5 minutes left, comes down and hits a 3, then gets an immediate steal and dunk that puts us up for good. Then right on the next possession could have taken a difficult heat check three, instead made a great pass for a Fulkerson layup.

And most importantly it was Bowden, the knoxville kid, who started the gator chomp at the end. Only fitting

Can’t say enough about Bowden and how valuable he’s been stepping up since he was moved to a 6th man role. You don’t see that maturity often these days in college basketball.
Something has happened with Bowden.He looks like a completely different player the last 3 games. Its good to see the light has come on for him. He can be as good as he wants to be.

Reactions: amorange and keckjm
Something has happened with Bowden.He looks like a completely different player the last 3 games. Its good to see the light has come on for him. He can be as good as he wants to be.

Barnes connects with these guys. Barnes reminds me of Jimmy Johnson when he was at the Cowboys. He knows the players he has to chew out, and he knows the players he has to treat a little more softly. He’s just a great coach, and we are very fortunate to have him.

According to Bowden he would not have done the chomp until he saw Admiral start it.

Barnes connects with these guys. Barnes reminds me of Jimmy Johnson when he was at the Cowboys. He knows the players he has to chew out, and he knows the players he has to treat a little more softly. He’s just a great coach, and we are very fortunate to have him.
I do think Barnes knows what buttons to push with each player .At some point the player has to realize I can do this better than I have been and go out and do it.Bowden has done that the last 3 games.

glad Grant did it...we've been treated much worse than this by Gator fans...

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Reactions: tn4elvis

He did go full BEAST MODE when we needed it the most!

Scored those 14 points when we needed it most and I 100% agree with the OP........Just wish he would start at the first of the game and continue until the finish of the game...each and every game...Bowden deserves a lot of credit for this win....it was also great see Grant Williams return. That was some tough, steel nose, ice in the vein basketball right there.

VN Store

Back