Shout out to Harrison Bailey

Fullfillmer

I want to applaud HB and the other back up qbs. Thank you gentlemen for keeping your heads up and for
continuing to work and for continuing to give your all for Tennessee. Sometimes you get an old school coach -- usually
an old high school guy who is set in his old Alabama high school ways. He will judge who should start by stupid stuff like the
look in their eyes and how hard it appears to him that they practice and other " scientific evaluators ". Please do not get discouraged.

HB I thought your performance tonight was very good, but you will get better with additional experience. With you in the game it opens up our offense -
makes our running backs that much more effective - we gain in time of possession, we score more points, we allow fewer points - we are shockingly better.
In the few minutes that you got to play, that much was obvious to me. Not great, but really good quarterback play makes our entire team dramatically better. -
I believe you were 7 for 10 with one dropped for 80 plus yards. You seem to know when to run - you sit in the pocket nice and you feel and escapes pressure.
And you can even hand the ball off - just like our starting qb. I would probably point out that that you need to try to practice better and you need to get that look in your eyes,
but I really want to keep encouraging you - and the other backups as I saw a lot of really good things when you were in the game tonight.

We were told that our starter gave us the best chance of winning even though he was ranked 100 th out of 127 quarterbacks and was even worse on third down and in the red zone.
We were told that, but that is simply not the case. So, we need you and your teammates to keep digging, keep working, keep encouraging each other.
You guys have the potential to be way better than your record reflects. Congratulations to you personally on a good performance - our offense was actually fun to watch for the two drives that you
were in the game.

I think not wanting to scare Salter off has played into not letting Bailey play much

Reactions: volfan8
He stood in the pocket and avoided pressure when needed. Something I can’t say for our 5th year senior. I’m sure he will have a his freshman moments should we start him the rest of they year; but considering how little practice he’s got, he looked very good. Pruitt needs to give him the reigns this week and let him play rest of the season. JG’s time at UT is done. He has shown he can not be consistent.

Oddly enough, if our offense starts to perform like it should with a real qb, then our defense might improve.
I'm almost convinced if our offense can stay on the field longer, then our defense could be more rested when they come in. 😁

The management of the QB position is my biggest gripe with the staff.

I understand giving JG a second chance to start the year. He did, as Pruitt predicted, come in last year and save us a few games that helped turn the season around.

But after Georgia, and especially Kentucky - we needed to cut bait. Maybe he wanted to, but didn't want to kill HB starting at Bama? Then why not Arkansas the next week?

I think most fans would be okay with these losses if we were repping future guys in the hopes of building toward something. Throwing time at seniors who have proven themselves as bad/mediocre is the tiresome part for me.

A win or loss next week won't tell me as much as who trots out at QB. If it's JG, Pruitt's lack of awareness and planning for the future will evident, and he's done.

VN Store

Back