Should we be nervous..

Worrying about things you can't control are not good for your health. Trusting and resting in a staff that has proved that they can recruit and even have the number 1 recruiter in the country out there recruiting for us! This unfortunately has become the tradition of the "I want it now" generation. We don't have much patience left to sit back enjoy the ride of recruiting and watch our next class unfold. Because in the end there isn't a thing none of us can do about it. lol Relax, enjoy all the new talent that will arise and be discovered between now and December. Just to help the poster to relax, most of your 4 and 5 stars don't commit until Summer or until their season is over or even later. Its ok, go golfing, fishing, have a great Summer knowing we got a great staff recruiting just for you! :D:cool:

Reactions: Volsurance
I know it's so early it doesnt matter, but I am concerned with how the in-state players view Tennessee. The two staffs have changed their approach and I know it turned a lot of in-state kids off last year, but I thought the staff would have been able to identify some of the top in state targets as juniors and they would have been eager to lead this staff. It seems to be the opposite. Baron is dragging out his recruitment and Jay Hardy is going from a top 12 to a top 16 haha.

A couple of years ago, the insiders told us not to worry about early signing day and CJP coaching Bama in the playoffs because we still had Feb. That didn't turn out so well. I don't think fans understand how the time line has been accelerated. The top programs that some of our coaches came from are doing more than fine without them so I think it's completely unrealistic to think that their past service is a selling point. Most of the guys on our staff were recruiting against us 18 months ago, or less, and it's probably tough to walk back what they told recruits as employees of other programs. Someone probably should've thought about that when deciding who would replace Butch.
you couldnt be more wrong buddy

If anyone remembers how it was, say, in the late 70's, from about 1977 till about 1985, that is what we are heading in to.
I do. Late 70s under Majors were awful, early 80s were 1 good year followed by 1 bad year and then 85 was magical. Followed by a bad 86, a good 87 and an 88 that started off 0-6. ‘89 was the first really good tear where we followed it up with another really good year under Majors. Ahhhh, the Majors era.

Anywho, hope you’re right with your bigger point which i think is that we’re about to turn the corner

It's just May for the ten SEC schools that are ahead of us too.

giphy.gif

Not that it matter because we did lose, but kinda gave the last few to them. Last year was hard to watch and we played atrociously. It will continue if the negativity around the program and fan base doesn't change.
I like coach Pruitt and think his staff is the one we need right now. I just get a feeling he wants to win. Will do everything he can for these kids to be winners on and off the field. Just gonna have to let the past go and look forward for change. Maybe things will get better maybe they won't but I can't control who the coach is and who he recruits. Much less which kids sign. I mean I guess I could swap teams if I didn't like how things went but I have no desire to and will never. I am a tn volunteer. Born in west tn. My tax dollars help pay for the school even tho I never attended.
No need for nervousness.
Now Florida could have been in a spot if charges were made. I'm sure could have included civil suit by the Steele family. Who knows what could have happened.

This is just my opinion and maybe like a butthole to someone. O well

Give Tee time to work his magic. One of the best recruiters in the business.

Give Tee time to work his magic. One of the best recruiters in the business.
It's no secret that he wasn't helping us out by nudging any non-USC prospects our way. Some say he was actively discouraging kids from coming here even though he knew he wouldn't sign them. I don't know the truth of the matter but I will be highly disappointed and inclined to believe the worst if CTM doesn't land us some big fish this class.

VN Store

Back