Should we be nervous..

Currently, we are around 30th and 10th in the sec. Please tell me we’re gonna do better than this before this class is done? Seems like to me we’re always “in the top 4-6” but the top guys seem to always pick another school? Are we gonna get it turned around?

Don’t feed the trolls, kids.

Reactions: jakez4ut
There is reason for some concern, some guys we felt good about have pledged elsewhere, while others are still in play. The team folding/running out of steam down the stretch last year and missing a bowl game hurt.

We don't have much momentum now but there is still time. If we finish with less than 6 wins it will be time to worry.

It is an eternity until December. If we can show improvement on the field, things will turn in our favor. We are at that stage in a rebuild by every new coaching regime where hope is getting harder to sell kids, couple it with OTF improvement (I'm not talking about going 10-2, just being competitive), and we'll finish in the Top 20, minimum.

Yikes, talking about settling
Is it settling when we haven't even produced with what we have?

Mizzou has been a disruption in the East, more importantly our Daddies for some time.

The answer is we have to a better job of developing and playing with what we have/get. We've been in the top 25 in recruiting for quite sometime and we haven't even sniffed the top 25 the past two years.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
A couple of years ago, the insiders told us not to worry about early signing day and CJP coaching Bama in the playoffs because we still had Feb. That didn't turn out so well. I don't think fans understand how the time line has been accelerated. The top programs that some of our coaches came from are doing more than fine without them so I think it's completely unrealistic to think that their past service is a selling point. Most of the guys on our staff were recruiting against us 18 months ago, or less, and it's probably tough to walk back what they told recruits as employees of other programs. Someone probably should've thought about that when deciding who would replace Butch.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
A couple of years ago, the insiders told us not to worry about early signing day and CJP coaching Bama in the playoffs because we still had Feb. That didn't turn out so well. I don't think fans understand how the time line has been accelerated. The top programs that some of our coaches came from are doing more than fine without them so I think it's completely unrealistic to think that their past service is a selling point. Most of the guys on our staff were recruiting against us 18 months ago, or less, and it's probably tough to walk back what they told recruits as employees of other programs. Someone probably should've thought about that when deciding who would replace Butch.
We are doing about as well as this time last year. A few years ago we had a bunch of commits around this time and people were complaining we had taken too many and didn't have enough spots left. There will always be people finding something to complain or worry about. It's usually the same people.

No way we can compare 7 weeks to 7 months... 7 months and an entire fb season.. We just can't.

I don't know how to measure the full impact Pruitt's notoriety but if he had been Nebraska's DC, I bet that class is lower.
Regardless, I just don't see how him being here during the dead period would've helped.

Reactions: Sleegro
Is it settling when we haven't even produced with what we have?

Mizzou has been a disruption in the East, more importantly our Daddies for some time.

The answer is we have to a better job of developing and playing with what we have/get. We've been in the top 25 in recruiting for quite sometime and we haven't even sniffed the top 25 the past two years.
I was never scared of taking a butt whipping when I got into an altercation and I was always fully willing to admit to an azz kicking.

The victors earn the right to say what THEY want to, but no way in hell I'm calling anybody "daddy".

It’s only May, but we certainly lack momentum. Anyone thinking it will change after we “show it on the field” will be disappointed too. This team isn’t going to show some remarkable turnaround in 2019. Everything from recruiting to win totals will be a grind for years.

Butchna likes to remind me about Chip Kelley's woes at UCLA and I did want UTAD to hire CCK because he was the glamour hire. I suppose the difference would be that if we did finally hire a big name and that person was struggling the way CJP is struggling, I would at least know that UTAD swung for the fences and did everything possible to get us back. As it is, I feel like we made another settle hire who will be gone in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Rooster1
It’s only May, but we certainly lack momentum. Anyone thinking it will change after we “show it on the field” will be disappointed too. This team isn’t going to show some remarkable turnaround in 2019. Everything from recruiting to win totals will be a grind for years.
I don't expect 10 wins, however if we can be more competitive in games, win at least 6-7, not get blown out by Vandy and Missouri, that gives Pruitt some actual improvement to sell. He will have something to point to on the field to back up the idea that an actual rebuild is taking place. If that doesn't happen, we are in for trouble recruiting wise. If it does happen, we have a good chance to reel in a class similar to last year's.

Last edited:
Butchna likes to remind me about Chip Kelley's woes at UCLA and I did want UTAD to hire CCK because he was the glamour hire. I suppose the difference would be that if we did finally hire a big name and that person was struggling the way CJP is struggling, I would at least know that UTAD swung for the fences and did everything possible to get us back. As it is, I feel like we made another settle hire who will be gone in 2-3 years.
i think we definitely settled, but that was not just "another" settle hire. if you recall, circumstances being what they were, we painted ourselves in a pretty tight corner.

as to your prediction....i think what i take from all this is nothing is guaranteed. look at UF right now. it ain't all warm and fuzzy coming off a very unexpectedly good season and a top ten class.

put it this way, i think for once, "steady as she goes" for us may be the most prudent thing for us to do.

and i while i would rather be loading the boat with every kid we want, i do get the notion this off season may just be better left as "no news is good news"......all things considered.

I'm still flabbergasted that some fans think that UT had its pick of top-tier CFB coaches, but "settled" for Pruitt. To call that delusional is being kind.

What out-of-touch fans like OP don't realize is that if Pruitt's gone in two years, then UT is going to be scraping the bottom of the CFB coaching barrel for candidates. Pruitt needs to have some success to turn this program around, whether its 8 wins or 12 wins.

Currently, we are around 30th and 10th in the sec. Please tell me we’re gonna do better than this before this class is done? Seems like to me we’re always “in the top 4-6” but the top guys seem to always pick another school? Are we gonna get it turned around?
holy crud..........are you serious? its freaking May! find something else to freak out about

VN Store

Back