Should we be nervous..

The worst part about the complaining negavols is that it's a win win for them. If they're wrong (and the coaches and players succeed) folks like me are too happy at the time to rub their noses in it. But if they're right they get to be even louder and more of a btch. I despise these people with every fiber of my being. The complaining I told you so guy should be thrown off a cliff one by one.

But if/when we are back to our winning tradition I'll make sure to enjoy every second of it, soak it up, be humble at times but quite a bit of the time I'm going to be annoying af to non Vol fans. We've dealt with their bs too long and they won't like winning Vol fans at all.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Currently, we are around 30th and 10th in the sec. Please tell me we’re gonna do better than this before this class is done? Seems like to me we’re always “in the top 4-6” but the top guys seem to always pick another school? Are we gonna get it turned around?

Np, we're gonna do better than this.

I don't expect 10 wins, however if we can be more competitive in games, win at least 6-7, not get blown out by Vandy and Missouri, that gives Pruitt some actual improvement to sell. He will have something to point to on the field to back up the idea that an actual rebuild is taking place. If that doesn't happen, we are in for trouble recruiting wise. If it does happen, we have a good chance to reel in a class similar to last year's.

So the sales pitch would be: "Hey we don't get blown out by Vandy and Mizzou any more" ?

So the sales pitch would be: "Hey we don't get blown out by Vandy and Mizzou any more" ?
Well, it would keep people from saying "they were blown out by Vandy and Missouri last year". You sell that you were more competitive, that you're making progress and are a team on the rise that we need you to keep it going. If we don't show progress it'll be hard to sell that we are a team on the rise.

I mean, excluding the long snapper who will likely not be a full scholarship player (or he could be, I don't know) our player average ranking on 24/7 is .90938. We're in 30th nationally due to only having 6 players, but the average ranking of those 5 ranked players is better than 17 classes ahead of us. So far we've built a solid base for this class. There are also 25 other classes ahead of ours that have more players in them too. Our class will come together, and we will win some battles, and we will lose some more. Freak out if we're half way through the season and still sitting at 30th. For now, it is not time to freak out just yet.

Have been listening to some different Knox sports radio yesterday and this morning.
Lots of concern that we are missing on a lot of targets that Pruitt thought we would get.
They say we are again missing on a lot of in state talent. Is this just way too early hand wringing or legitimate whining?
If this needs to move to the RF, please do so.

Have been listening to some different Knox sports radio yesterday and this morning.
Lots of concern that we are missing on a lot of targets that Pruitt thought we would get.
They say we are again missing on a lot of in state talent. Is this just way too early hand wringing or legitimate whining?
If this needs to move to the RF, please do so.

Goes without saying that no one has yet signed, but did they mention which recruits we've supposedly missed on?

I'm not concerned.
But I don't listen to sports radio yahoos.
I'd be even less worried if I did.

It feels like a lot of recruits are taking a wait and see approach with us and that makes sense. There are going to be so many decommitments and with how big of a recruiter Pruitt is you know we are staying on top of it even when a kid commits to a different school. It's just frustrating for people who follow recruiting that are told we lead for a while and a kid jumps on board to a different school after 1 visit.

IF we show improvement we will end up with a great class. IF we win 5 or 6 games we will be in trouble.

Hard to understand why a 4-5 star recruit would hesitate to sign with a 5-7 team with a first time coach. Especially when they have next-level aspirations. All of this is blue font. I'm not worried. Black font.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Goes without saying that no one has yet signed, but did they mention which recruits we've supposedly missed on?
There’s been a handful. Also, big concern at this point is that no highly rated in-state 2020 players have committed yet. Talk last year regarding in-state talent was that Pruitt and staff really didn’t like very many 2019 in-state guys and that they were really focusing on all the 2020 players in Tennessee.....yet none of them have committed to Tennessee yet. It’s still early, but there’s reason to be concerned...don’t panic yet, but be concerned.

To early. We're are involved with alot of elite players
“Involved” and getting commitments are two very different things. We could be involved with a lot of elite kids and get a lot of them or none of them. Need some of them to hop in the boat, and none of them are doing that right now, including the elite in-State guys that our staff has been focusing on for the last year and a half. That could change in a relative hurry, but there’s reason to be concerned right now....it’s been a very slow start to this class. No reason to panic, but reason to be concerned.

“Involved” and getting commitments are two very different things. We could be involved with a lot of elite kids and get a lot of them or none of them. Need some of them to hop in the boat, and none of them are doing that right now, including the elite in-State guys that our staff has been focusing on for the last year and a half. That could change in a relative hurry, but there’s reason to be concerned right now....it’s been a very slow start to this class. No reason to panic, but reason to be concerned.
Have any of those elite in-state guys committed to another school?

I'm not worried yet and I echo the sentiment that a lot of recruits are on a "wait and see" approach with a new coach and 2 under .500 seasons in a row. And sadly, if you think of this...........these kids are 17-19 years old........they were born in 2000-02'.........by the time they started really probably following football consciously, 7-9 years old maybe?..........that means we have never been relevant in their conscious memory. We (those of us who grew up in the 80's and 90's) and possibly even earlier for some of you see the Vols in much more grandeur and orange colored glasses than these kids understandably would. But if we have a decent to great outing this year, I think we'll be fine. Win the games we should and maybe throw a surprise or two in, and they will come.

I've always thought this recruiting class will reflect on how well we actually peform this year . They wanna see if the players are developing and adapting. Last year's class was easy to sell based off of early playing time

Reactions: SweetasSoda
It feels like a lot of recruits are taking a wait and see approach with us and that makes sense. There are going to be so many decommitments and with how big of a recruiter Pruitt is you know we are staying on top of it even when a kid commits to a different school. It's just frustrating for people who follow recruiting that are told we lead for a while and a kid jumps on board to a different school after 1 visit.

IF we show improvement we will end up with a great class. IF we win 5 or 6 games we will be in trouble.
Exactly

VN Store

Back