Should UT pull a "Houston" in the upcoming Bama game?

Henry T will be resting the first half.
I was watching the Clemson game and saw a helmet to helmet hit on FSU’s QB that included a launch by the defender..... they reviewed it.... roughing the passer but no targeting..... they said he didn’t lead with the crown of the helmet.... it was worse than HT’s IMO..... the rule sucks because there’s no consistency. I remember Evan Berry getting face smashed at ATM with no call.... it’s aggravating

I would start Shrout and let him thrown downfield all day. Give Jennings, Callaway, Wood-Anderson, and our backs chances to make plays downfield. We’re not winning this game conventionally otherwise.

I think yes and no.

If it's a close game then you keep the starters in but if it was like last year when it was over at halftime then yes.

Yes. But I hate it.

It was a RPO, looked like Qb would run then he stopped and pulled up to throw.
Some of these, it's just a fast play and he's trying to make a tackle. I don't know how you keep two guys running toward each other from hitting face to face at times. He certainly didn't launch with the crown or anything.

Some of these, it's just a fast play and he's trying to make a tackle. I don't know how you keep two guys running toward each other from hitting face to face at times. He certainly didn't launch with the crown or anything.

I agree.

Just saw a roughing the passer on LSU for hitting QB in the hip.

Some of the newer rules in football are lame.

Reactions: FrankenVol54
Pruitt said something about the concussion protocol after the game. They have to test him. If he passes, all is good, if not, he likely sits out.

He might have said 'concussion' but that looked like primarily a neck injury...not the head.

These threads happen every year for Alabama. Why play scared? Why pack it up and chalk it up as a loss regardless?

Just forfeit. Saves everybody. And make Bama suffer by not even telling them. Stadium gets packed. Both teams out in the field during warmup. They finish and go back to locker rooms. Band then plays their pregame stuff. Announcers are proclaiming their greatness. And when it's our turn to come on the field, just turn around and go home. That's what I would do.
You are a pu$$y.

It seems to me that I recall a certain team going on the road with a 2-4 record and upsetting a top 5 team. I should know, because my butt was sitting in Section JJ in Neyland when Alabama beat us in 1990. Damn it! I want my vengeance!

No, but you don't try to play them straight up either. I would run the ball 90% in a 4 down offense. No point in ever giving the ball to that Bama offense, don't punt. Grind clock and make them work to get you off the field. Shorten the game, give yourself a chance to win.

No, but you don't try to play them straight up either. I would run the ball 90% in a 4 down offense. No point in ever giving the ball to that Bama offense, don't punt. Grind clock and make them work to get you off the field. Shorten the game, give yourself a chance to win.

Have to play field position with that strategy. At keast makes them go 70-80yds vs giving short fields. With their punt returner might not matter though

Have to play field position with that strategy. At keast makes them go 70-80yds vs giving short fields. With their punt returner might not matter though

Play field position football with them, they will tire the defense and run up the score. Play keep away and run clock, give them the short field where the defense has a chance to hold them to a field goal. Try to create a low scoring game until the 4th quarter, then play field position if its close.

Play field position football with them, they will tire the defense and run up the score. Play keep away and run clock, give them the short field where the defense has a chance to hold them to a field goal. Try to create a low scoring game until the 4th quarter, then play field position if its close.

How will it be low scoring if you give them the ball on your own 30? They are a high octane offense. It's a mental battle for a defense to constantly have their backs against the wall like that and scores hurt your D's confidence. Get a stop/turnover or 2 and return the ball to your offense with good field position juices the entire team.

I agree with you in shortening the game. Points are at a premium for TN though, need keep bama as far away from the endzone as possible and try get some short fields for TN O

No. Houston has always been a renegade school. You don’t copy them.
I agree with you......

This is the Champions of Life School is it not......
This tactic is the reason Houston is the Champions of Life with 5* hearts.
This is not Tennessee Football to just lay in wait for USCe. Comical.
Why not just phone in a Forefit.....LOL. No.

Reactions: NCFisher
I wouldn't worry to much about who is going to get playing time and who isn't (Maurer should be benched-nothing is worth a permanent brain injury), why? We'll have a lot of substitutions, guys going down with injuries, some will keep them out for a set of downs or so, others- the rest of the game. My prediction is, we'll be going deeeeep into the roster before this game is over. We're kidding ourselves if we think BAMA isn't going to "Bring it" on Saturday-and bring it hard.

VN Store

Back