Should U.S. Swap ‘Merchant of Death’ for Brittney Griner?

Sorry, but this comment just rubs me the wrong way.

"It's heartbreaking what's happening to her. We're talking about someone's life. She doesn't deserve that." It is not heartbreaking to anyone but her family or close friends. I assume you are not one of them or you would have stated so. Yes, it is sad but not heartbreaking. If she wasn't a basketball player, you wouldn't care one bit.

How does she not deserve punishment for breaking another country's laws? Where is you breaking heart for all the others across the world in jail for similar offenses? Please stop with the BS. She f'd up and brought drugs into another country that doesn't take kindly to that. She was/is and idiot and she is paying the price for her own stupidity.

Don't tell me what to think.

Nobody deserves 9 years in a Russian prison labor camp because she had a little cannabis oil.

Get some damn perspective. And THIS thread is about HER. So why am i going to talk about someone else.

Nobody deserves 9 years in a Russian prison labor camp because she had a little cannabis oil.

Get some damn perspective. And THIS thread is about HER. So why am i going to talk about someone else.
Perhaps not, but the world doesn't need a mass murdering ******* released into the wild because she can't go without her weed for a few days either.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Nobody from here HAS to go to Russia either. Put that in your perspective pipe and smoke it.

View attachment 477939
We are releasing the “Merchant of Death” for a woman who hates America. Seems an equitable trade.
View attachment 477941
🏀… (emoji added for board relevance 😂)

This will only embolden Russia. How about we let Griner take responsibility for her mistakes. You want to break laws in country with a questionable legal/judicial system then you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit.

If she was making NBA money she wouldn’t need too. Lebron wants what’s best for her release but not willing to forfeit his salary until equal pay for the womens game.
I don’t make NBA money, never been to Russia either. The key word I used was “HAS”. She chose to go there. When going somewhere, there’s a phrase…. When in Rome, do what the Romans do.

I don’t make NBA money, never been to Russia either. The key word I used was “HAS”. She chose to go there. When going somewhere, there’s a phrase…. When in Rome, do what the Romans do.
point was NBA players speaking up but not when it comes to pay.
Yeah, but her measly $250k salary to play BB in the US for 4 months wasn't enough money. I honestly don't know how she got by on that salary.
The struggle is real

Deserve has nothing to do with it. She broke the law of a foreign country. Now you are "heartbroken" and probably crying too. Get a grip. You screw up abroad and things like this happen. Others are locked up there, but you and the media are not "heartbroken" over them.

If the U.S. brings her home and leaves others over there in the same situation, will your heart break for them or will you be fine now that a celebrity is brought home?

There are several people saying exactly that.

Who is saying that we should prioritize her? Are you talking about someone here on VN in this conversation, or are we talking about "several people" in the world?

If she was making NBA money she wouldn’t need too. Lebron wants what’s best for her release but not willing to forfeit his salary until equal pay for the womens game.

What an unbelievable standard you hold Lebron to. Because he's not willing to forfeit his salary for women's equal pay, he's discredited as someone who cares about others in any way?

You guys can't give 2 ***** about human suffering but judge the people who are giving a **** because they aren't perfect (and because they don't express the right amount of care for all human suffering). Maybe you're not Christian, but this isn't Christian behavior. Where would Christ be standing on this one?

What an unbelievable standard you hold Lebron to. Because he's not willing to forfeit his salary for women's equal pay, he's discredited as someone who cares about others in any way?

You guys can't give 2 ***** about human suffering but judge the people who are giving a **** because they aren't perfect (and because they don't express the right amount of care for all human suffering). Maybe you're not Christian, but this isn't Christian behavior. Where would Christ be standing on this one?
Now you are reaching. What's the next insult? Could you please just group them all together and get them over with?

LeBron is a billionaire, surely he can spare a couple million since he's worth over 1,000 million?

Who is saying that we should prioritize her? Are you talking about someone here on VN in this conversation, or are we talking about "several people" in the world?

Here's your hero LJ for one.

"As a decorated Olympian and member of an elite global sport community, BG's detention must be resolved out of respect for the sanctity of all sport and for all Americans traveling internationally," the post said. "It is imperative that the U.S. Government immediately address this human rights issue and do whatever is necessary to return Brittney home."

"Join us in demanding that President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris bring Brittney home swiftly and safely by taking action today."

Funny how he didn't mention all or any other Americans held in Russia.

Every LeBron James comment about Brittney Griner in Russia

LeBron is a billionaire, surely he can spare a couple million since he's worth over 1,000 million?

He does spare a million. Way more than a million. Now what?

Do you hold anybody other than Lebron and the people you hate to this standard?

VN Store

Back