Should Heupel rotate QBs Spurrier style?

when you expect perfection, the little things show up, huh?
If we expect an SEC title, then he's going to have to get his accuracy issues together. He's been late a bunch. His high throws are a sign of a mechanics issue. He may be trying to be perfect, and aiming the ball. Who knows? But conference play will demand that he's better than he's been thus far. We'll see on Saturday..

Reactions: ru4real-really?
No & NO AND NO! Put Joe in as He is now. Mid third Quarter with a 3 TD lead! OR, if Ut is down late, Milton with a couple 60 Yard Bombs to Hyatt. As much as Coach wants to play Milton, (as we see why Joe won the job last year) Hype knows how to handle the Luxury of 2 Great QBS. Hooker is the Starter, Joe is the Backup.

If we expect an SEC title, then he's going to have to get his accuracy issues together. He's been late a bunch. His high throws are a sign of a mechanics issue. He may be trying to be perfect, and aiming the ball. Who knows? But conference play will demand that he's better than he's been thus far. We'll see on Saturday..
Nobody expects a SEC title. Nobody! You may need to get your expectations in check if you truly believe that we can win the conference

I was hopeful of 9 wins this season. If we are in title conversation, this is a great year in my book. Did you find a way to get Georgia and Alabama off our schedule? You do that and I think we have a path to get to Atlanta. Quarterback play will not be why we don't win a championship. It will be the line giving time on offense and the defensive line applying pressure without needing to blitz. That will take pressure off our linebackers. I am much more concerned in those areas than quarterback play.

No that might screw up Hendon Hooker's rhythm

I think this is part of his problem this season. (strange to say this, but he is much better than we are seeing) Not only is he throwing high a lot of the time, his timing looks off. Hardly ever looks to hit receivers in stride or if called for at the proper time as it relates to the route.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
I think this is part of his problem this season. (strange to say this, but he is much better than we are seeing) Not only is he throwing high a lot of the time, his timing looks off. Hardly ever looks to hit receivers in stride or if called for at the proper time as it relates to the route.
He's having a fine season i think Hendon Hooker will be 2nd Team All SEC.

Spurrier was the only coach who i saw do it successfully.

I saw this because we have a huge NFL level talent on the bench in Milton who has been hitting his receivers in stride on deep routes like it's nothing so far this year.

Now hear me out please. I'm not saying to start Milton over Hooker..But Hooker has a mental problem with his throwing going on this year. Pretty much every pass is high and that's why Tilman got injured. Even short routes he is throwing it high. That's how we got into a 10-0 hole against Pitt as well.

If Hooker is over throwing recievers to open up against UF and we go a few three and outs, i say rotate Milton in there for a series of two. Hopefully this doesn't happen but i could actually see a QB rotation with these guys working out as they are such close friends in real life.
Milton could overthrow the Taliban. No way you're serious lol

Probably, the Heup doesn't rotate his QBs because it would make his offense dizzy.
1663765844611.png

Reactions: Teezy
Just another reason why before next season Heupel should hand Milton a clipboard and tell him he's a graduate assistant if he stays on The Hill.

Makes perfect sense...put the guy thats had something like 48 tds and 3 ints on the bench because he's missed a few passes! Man I love Volnation. Im all for Milton getting some playing time....anytime were up 21 pts or more in the 2nd half. He has looked good so far.

I saw this because we have a huge NFL level talent on the bench in Milton who has been hitting his receivers in stride on deep routes like it's nothing so far this year.

Now hear me out please. I'm not saying to start Milton over Hooker..But Hooker has a mental problem with his throwing going on this year. Pretty much every pass is high and that's why Tilman got injured. Even short routes he is throwing it high. That's how we got into a 10-0 hole against Pitt as well.

If Hooker is over throwing recievers to open up against UF and we go a few three and outs, i say rotate Milton in there for a series of two. Hopefully this doesn't happen but i could actually see a QB rotation with these guys working out as they are such close friends in real life.

Pump the brakes there Buzz Lightyear, :0) Play what has been working, I never was a fan of the dual QB thing. HOWEVER, throwing a curve or slider once in awhile never hurts. Go Vols!

if you were an NFL scout and your job depended on it, who would you pick first? Hooker or Milton

you gotta face it--Milton has uped his draft stock tremendously! And that's why he is still here! Nico ain't got nothing on Milton!

but I don't get paid to do this!

No. Next question.

VN Store

Back