Should Heup Ask Players to Leave, if Drama?

madbamahater

Lots of rumors swirling, yes they are rumors. Not suggesting there's beef or drama going on.

However, if there has been tension or drama or fights amongst players, there COULD be reason to be concerned.

I have no idea, but if they have a situation where this player is taking that players side or got their back, it certainly looked like the defensive players literally packed it in. You almost can't try to play as poorly as they did.

I certainly hope this isn't the case. But, these are college aged kids and any distraction or issues can completely disrupt focus, cohesiveness and unity(harmony).

Do you remember being that age?

If, if, something like this is going on, should Heup ask players to leave?

Well they're already playing safeties as corners. I was in the camp that if there was anyone left to give a shot let them play. I don't think anyone is left... Personnel is the obvious solution to what we saw there just isn't anyone left to try..

Reactions: BDP! and ACvol3
Lots of rumors swirling, yes they are rumors. Not suggesting there's beef or drama going on.

However, if there has been tension or drama or fights amongst players, there COULD be reason to be concerned.

I have no idea, but if they have a situation where this player is taking that players side or got their back, it certainly looked like the defensive players literally packed it in. You almost can't try to play as poorly as they did.

I certainly hope this isn't the case. But, these are college aged kids and any distraction or issues can completely disrupt focus, cohesiveness and unity(harmony).

Fire Banks, should have blitzed far more and played much tighter coverage!!!

Not sure. But I just watched his post game presser. Go to the end, the last question about J. Banks, and watch CLOSELY at CJH's demeanor change. It gets real tight. Watch his eyes - you can see fire.

Something is up there. In no way do I believe Banks was hurt. The Hooker/Banks altercation might have legs?

Not sure. But I just watched his post game presser. Go to the end, the last question about J. Banks, and watch CLOSELY at CJH's demeanor change. It gets real tight. Watch his eyes - you can see fire.

Something is up there. In no way do I believe Banks was hurt. The Hooker/Banks altercation might have legs?

If it does, Banks needs to get outta town. Total clown move if true

Heupel cannot afford to sit and twiddle his thumbs! He has to cut out the cancer (Banks)

what are these rumors you speak of? what have you seen/heard

Reactions: illvol and 508mikey
Decisions like this are not prescriptive. A coach/manager must evaluate the people involved, the circumstances, and take action accordingly. It's times like this that separate the cream from the fat. You learn a lot about style when personnel issues arise.

what are these rumors you speak of? what have you seen/heard
Basically an altercation between Banks/Hooker (several different rumors as to why, who knows?) after the altercation Banks was suspended and some players sided with Banks and some with Hooker. It’s all just rumors at this point.

Reactions: Raebo
Also, you just never know, but Hooker played at VT for two years, and part of me wonders if maybe he knew any of the players on Virginia team w/ their horrific tragedy. He definitely seemed off.

As far as team and rumors, I'd be surprised if anything doing there. We were playing for the playoffs. SC had a game plan and played it flawlessly. We had everything to play for, and didn't play with effort needed, and SC played their best game in years w/ a home crowd that, upon further consideration, may be a flaw for this offense. Struggled to execute in two rabid environments this year...and LSU was noon kick w/ them taking themselves out of the game early...so their crowd was a non factor.

The team needs to man up and quit acting like babies! There was absolutely no reason to lose that game besides the defense fixed the game for Vegas!!! Check around and you will find at least 5 players who put the fix in for Vegas!!

The team needs to man up and quit acting like babies! There was absolutely no reason to lose that game besides the defense fixed the game for Vegas!!! Check around and you will find at least 5 players who put the fix in for Vegas!!

That is so asinine! We were a big favorite. If it were a "fix", we still could've won the game and not covered the spread.

You must've lost a couple bucks to your neighbor to make that kind of accusation.

Also, you just never know, but Hooker played at VT for two years, and part of me wonders if maybe he knew any of the players on Virginia team w/ their horrific tragedy. He definitely seemed off.

As far as team and rumors, I'd be surprised if anything doing there. We were playing for the playoffs. SC had a game plan and played it flawlessly. We had everything to play for, and didn't play with effort needed, and SC played their best game in years w/ a home crowd that, upon further consideration, may be a flaw for this offense. Struggled to execute in two rabid environments this year...and LSU was noon kick w/ them taking themselves out of the game early...so their crowd was a non factor.
SC was not that loud last night even in the win. I refuse to buy into crowd noise. There was definitely a dissension in the team last night. I dont know what exactly but it wasnt the same team

The fix was probably in in by the defensive players!! They made a ton of money in Vegas!!! Find them and kick their tails out of school!! Banks may have been aware of this but failed to follow up on it!! DO NOT BE SO NAIVE!! At least five players may have been involved!!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
How do we know he didnt call more blitzes? Heupel said they call everything. Man, Zone, etc. They didnt do what they were supposed to. I wouldnt be surprised if some guys played their last game last night.

The fix was in by the defensive players and now they need to get caught!! They made out like bandits!!Think about it, nobody plays this bad!!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
How do we know he didnt call more blitzes? Heupel said they call everything. Man, Zone, etc. They didnt do what they were supposed to. I wouldnt be surprised if some guys played their last game last night.
I don't know what the play calls were. Heupel said they played a little bit of everything, man and zone. I do know what I saw, rushing 4 all night and not getting any pressure on the Qb!

VN Store

Back