Shooting Guard

LittleDTO

I am not up to date with our basketball recruiting. I know that we got some huge (wide) guy this year to help bang down low. Who are we going after this year that can be a good spot shooter to replace Lofton?

Cameron Tatum. He's 6'6", can play SG or SF, and was considered one of the best shooters in his class coming out of high school last year. From what I've heard, he can knock it down from long range.

yeah he can.. Ive watched him on TV.. he can shoot long range and he's a slasher and can finish around the rim..
He's got some hops too!!! i could see him being the backup g/f for J. Smith and Lofton..

He's a 4-5 star guy. I thought we had more than just 2 guys signed, but it says on Volquest that just Tatum and Williams have committed. Don't we have a team mate of Williams' as well?

Just saw his video / interview on Rivals.com. The guy looks solid - seems like he has some serious b-ball smarts too.

Regardless of the struggles Vol Hoops are having this year, in 2007-2008 Pearl is going to have a monster program.

Hopefully Crews and especially Chism still grow while they're in college. My dad grew 3 inches. A 6'10, 6'11 Chism would make a good Center. He dunks, shoots, good D, good hands. All good things :good!:

Tatum will be perfect for Bruce. He also brings a little bit more size to the SF pos. say than Bradshaw who starts at PF.

He's a 4-5 star guy. I thought we had more than just 2 guys signed, but it says on Volquest that just Tatum and Williams have committed. Don't we have a team mate of Williams' as well?

i think we only have 2 schollies

J.P. didnt hardly play at the school he came from. I dont know how much he will help us. I may be wrong though.

I've heard some promising things about JP. They say he has been driving at will on our defense(who hasn't?) and is dominant with his left hand. They also say he needs to improve defense and outside shooting which was a known.

Even though he didn't play much (illness or whatever reason), we at least know that he was under the tuteledge of one of the best in the game for a year and half. Say what you will, but getting a player from Lute Olsen is better than anything a high school coach could teach a freshman coming in.

Uhhm one thing... You guys say Tatum will replace Lofton w.e but then wat about JaJuan Smith? I doubt Tatum can make up for either one let alone both. We still need to recruit a really really good shooter.

Pearl has a few blue chip prospects lined up for next year's class. Besides, Ramar Smith and Josh Tabb are both freshman guards. Ramar will be a great PG soon enough, and Tabb is good enough on D (and getting better on O). Ramar will be lights out soon. He even hit two clutch back to back threes tonight against Georgia.

The kid is sick. And getting sicker. I can't wait to see him against Green on Sat. It will be interesting to see him against a top tier point guard.

Pearl has a few blue chip prospects lined up for next year's class. Besides, Ramar Smith and Josh Tabb are both freshman guards. Ramar will be a great PG soon enough, and Tabb is good enough on D (and getting better on O). Ramar will be lights out soon. He even hit two clutch back to back threes tonight against Georgia.
what blue chip prospects? i havent heard of any whatsoever except tatum who already commited.

VN Store

Back