Shoot me if youd like

milohimself

RIP CITY
I don't want the Vols to win the SECCG this year. In fact, I hope Auburn trounces them.

There. I said it. It's not for lack of fanship. I love the Vols, I really do. Maybe not as much as you guys, 'cause I'm an Oregon boy. But I love the Vols.

But I think there is a very pressing issue at hand. It's the three letters that most every college football fan dislikes. BCS. I think Auburn whooping up on Tennessee in the SECCG would easily propel them into the NCG.

Auburn playing in the national championship would cause a huge uprising against the B©S. Not directly, but by the fact that an undefeated Oklahoma would not be able to play for the national championship. Oklahoma, probably the BCS's first or second favorite team. Couple that with a Mountain West team, Utah, making a BCS game, all hell will break loose as Texas may get the boot 'cause of that, too, despite a fourth straight 10-win season.

When the Vols beat Vandy tomorrow and clinch the SEC East, I will be a happy camper. They will have beaten a tough Georgia team, Alabama, Florida, and won their division when people were probably expecting no better than a .600 record this year.

Two huge things like a non-BCS team making a bowl and Auburn taking Oklahoma's "spot" in the national title game is exactly the type of thing needed to exploit the suckiness of the BCS, and hopefully have a playoff system instituted.

Does anybody else share my sentiment?

I don't agree with the BCS or polls, but to say that I don't want the VOLS to win the SECCG is a little extreme in my book! :shakehead:

:gun: :gun: :gun:

GO VOLS....
GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were an admin, I'd give your ass the boot for that.

GO BIG ORANGE

I understand your point. It would be a shame if AU didn't make the NCG as I believe they are better than USC and Okie. On one hand, given where we are in terms of injuries and youth, I wouldn't have been unhappy if we didn't go the the SECCG. We'll be injured while AU has an extra week off to rest, heal and prepare. My thought is that if we didn't go to the SECCG we'd have one less loss on the record and I would have been happy with a Cotton Bowl (which we may see yet) or another bowl where our competition would have been of lesser strength. We are young and beat up and this Vol fan is looking for a breather.

:shakehead:
I don't want the Vols to win the SECCG this year. In fact, I hope Auburn trounces them.

:shakehead: I hope you were drunk or high on crack, because if you were sober you should be ashamed. Your true colors are starting show Milo. :shakehead:

:puke: You make me sick!

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Nov 20, 2004 10:18 AM
We are young and beat up and this Vol fan is looking for a breather.

I can think of one word for you and it rhymes with "wussy."

GROW A SET AND LET'S BEAT AUBURN!!!

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree with you. That wouldn't get rid of the BCS. I don't expect Tennessee to win, ecspecially without Ainge or Schaeffer, but I expect it to be close. You mentioned Texas getting knocked out of a BCS, they don't deserve to be #5 they play a very weak non-conference schedule, and they're in a conference with Baylor. They beat North Texas, Arkansas (by 2), and Rice, those teams make up a pretty weak non-conference schedule.

GO VOLS!!!!!

I agree with you about Auburn, I'd like to se them play for the national title, but not at the expense of UT...

I HOPE WE BEAT THE DOGS**T OUT OF AUBURN.

MILO HAS BUDDIED UP WITH WAREAGLE

SHAME ON YOU :bad:

I was kinda s**tfaced last night... I'm sorry. Really. So let me try to explain myself before my hangover really sets in.

I didn't mean to ruffle feathers like that. But, you have to understand my frustration with the BCS. I already explained myself there... So let me rephrase my point, whether you take my aplogy or not:

In the unfortunate event the Vols again are beat by Auburn in the SECCG, I hope Oklahoma's exclusion from the NCG is the spark that can get rid of the BCS.

Milo here is the bottom line. We are not going to have a playoff anytime soon (if ever) no matter what happens. The powers that be are VERY against it and even many coaches don't want it. We could have split champions for the next 10 years and I don't think you would see a playoff.

My point was, Texas and Oklahoma are two huge parts of the BCS. Utah may just keep Texas out of a BCS Bowl, and if Auburn beats UT, they will keep Oklahoma out of the national championship even if the Sooners finish undefeated.

You don't suppose the both of them could inspire any change?

Hey, next time drink Tennessee whiskey, (preferably Gentleman Jack) and you won't think so crazy.

Attachments

• Beer_Cheers.gif
    Beer_Cheers.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 0
I can think of one word for you and it rhymes with "wussy."

GROW A SET AND LET'S BEAT AUBURN!!!

Oh Doc, I'm 100% for the Vols. But I could use your help. Being worn down from frazzled nerves for all the #@$& close games we've had, all the injuries and all the $#it from the bammers....how 'bout a scrip for some Xanax? j/k

P.S. Doc, all TRUE Vol Fans drink George Dickel!!!!

I agree the BCS/Poll system is jacked up and major changes are needed. Division I-A football needs a better system to determine a true national champion, but i would never hope for my Vols to lose.

I'm in favor a non-bowl system, playoff... all the other divisions have it. Money and politics would never allow it though.

BTW, UT is going to beat Auburn.

Originally posted by milohimself@Nov 20, 2004 11:30 AM
I hope Oklahoma's exclusion from the NCG is the spark that can get rid of the BCS.

That will not happen the Presidents at the Universities love that money they get! Plus if the NCAA goes to a playoff the NCAA gets the money! A lot of schools would not even get money except from concession and parking!

speaking from some experience i understand the toxicology...lol..i see what your saying about the vols. But on principal alone above and beyond the bsc formulas tennessee owes auburn some pain...and they owe em huge. Id rather see auburn be NC over USC but not Oklahoma. If my vote counted for anything Id vote it Okla-Auburn-USC.

No milo, I don't. If it were AUburn playing anyone else in the SECC then I would want them to go all the way, but NEVER at our expense.

Do i want to lose? No
Do I want the BCS gone? Yes

Make someone else the patsy, though.

Oh, and F'Oklahoma. I hope their program falls to pieces ala Alabama and now OSU will be soon.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Nov 20, 2004 10:45 AM
No milo, I don't. If it were AUburn playing anyone else in the SECC then I would want them to go all the way, but NEVER at our expense.

I retracted that... But if, God forbid, the Vols fail to beat Auburn for the SEC Title, then I will pull 100% for Auburn to play USC for the national title.

VN Store

Back