Shawn Shamburger has entered portal (but now backed out)

volsrock09

So I wonder if he's still got a scholarship at UT bc that's the risk of entering your name to transfer. The previous school can choose to take the scholarship away, but I wonder how that actually works. I'd be surprised to see him get anymore PT.

What the NCAA Transfer Portal Is... and What It Isn’t

Interesting stuff here for whomever is curious.
If he removed his name, a coach probably convinced him to remove it and recruited him back. I doubt he would remove his name and pay for school himself.

GMRobbins

An Orange nestled between cow bells and Rebels!
Man, this same ol' song and dance from the players speaks volumes. Has there been any exit interviews as to their reasons why? To me, it's expectations. Expectations on how well the team will be, how well a players has confidence in their coaches, or how well the overall administrative attitude seems to be?? Whatever it is, it does not bode well for the future.

jeff1vol

OK... So, he goes into the portal with Pruitt as the HC and decides to take his name OUT of the portal with Pruitt still the HC. Makes ALL the sense in the world. If Steele convinced him to stay, it says a lot about the "authority"; or lack thereof, Pruitt will have moving forward. Again... Bringing him back (which I believe they will do) is the MOST idiotic thing that an administration could do at this point. RIDICULOUS.

GUNTERSVOL

VOL FROM BIRTH
OK... So, he goes into the portal with Pruitt as the HC and decides to take his name OUT of the portal with Pruitt still the HC. Makes ALL the sense in the world. If Steele convinced him to stay, it says a lot about the "authority"; or lack thereof, Pruitt will have moving forward. Again... Bringing him back (which I believe they will do) is the MOST idiotic thing that an administration could do at this point. RIDICULOUS.
It is obvious that Shamburger got some inside info that the investigation is a non starter and Pruitt is safe. Bet he is swearing off VN.

CINCYVOL

Man, this same ol' song and dance from the players speaks volumes. Has there been any exit interviews as to their reasons why? To me, it's expectations. Expectations on how well the team will be, how well a players has confidence in their coaches, or how well the overall administrative attitude seems to be?? Whatever it is, it does not bode well for the future.
the TE gave the it interview, said not everyone on team is committed to excellence, some are just happy to be there, run through the T, and get the free education. I miss the football factory days.

birdie74

That is a total fabrication. Amusing, but sad...

VN Store

Sponsors