Shamburger out

Hate it for him.

Maybe the NFL can help him out with some tutors and he can finish his degree.

If you ask me, I think we had several players with a lackluster enough season to forego the NFL draft this year (Sham, Thompson, Mays, Chandler, D. Johnson, Cimaglia, Middleton, Butler, Bumphus and maybe even Palmer to name a few).

So either pruitt is telling us he tired of shaw s bs .or maybe he just a dummy failing urban ethics

If you ask me, I think we had several players with a lackluster enough season to forego the NFL draft this year (Sham, Thompson, Mays, Chandler, D. Johnson, Cimaglia, Middleton, Butler, Bumphus and maybe even Palmer to name a few).

All those guys probably played themselves into free agent contracts or 3rd day picks at best.

If they want to go pro, they need to play another season. They all played at the semi-pro level.

I can't really see them getting anything out of this staff or slogging through another year of the never ending rebuild that focusing on getting into the best shape of their lives wouldn't do for them.

I can't really see them getting anything out of this staff or slogging through another year of the never ending rebuild that focusing on getting into the best shape of their lives wouldn't do for them.
tenor.gif

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
He's a senior this year, so it would make sense. I have no idea where he actually stands academically.

Even if he got it together and wanted to return next year, I'd not take him back. Same for 99% of the upperclass guys. I've seen enough of their "leadership". No sense in tying up a spot on the roster for those guys. Time to move on and use those spots for guys who are young, more talented and haven't lost the taste/desire for winning as many of our upperclass seem to have done.

He should start a hamburger restaurant chain.

Selling "sham burgers"? Something just seems...well...not quite right with that. Then again, UT has been selling us sham football for almost 20 years so maybe there's a market after all?

Even if he got it together and wanted to return next year, I'd not take him back. Same for 99% of the upperclass guys. I've seen enough of their "leadership". No sense in tying up a spot on the roster for those guys. Time to move on and use those spots for guys who are young, more talented and haven't lost the taste/desire for winning as many of our upperclass seem to have done.
I was talking about him grad transferring, not coming back. I think it's clear he isn't coming back.

The way the team is playing you would hope they would work on their future career.

If you can't pass online classes, there was no hope.

Wrong. Online classes demand a different skillset. A few students perform better with online, but only a few. And I know some who are plenty smart, goal-oriented, and self-disciplined, who are struggling to make Bs when they had a 4.0+ average before virtual classes.

Wrong. Online classes demand a different skillset. A few students perform better with online, but only a few. And I know some who are plenty smart, goal-oriented, and self-disciplined, who are struggling to make Bs when they had a 4.0+ average before virtual classes.
As a professional educator who has taken 17 online courses at the undergraduate and graduate level at UT Knoxville and UTMartin, and is currently teaching online, there is far less engagement and far less effort needed to succeed. Some learning styles are not conducive to online classes, for sure.

BUT,
The main gist of my post was, if a (very well enabled and academically supported) player cannot get the help he needs from an online course, compared to the in-person setting, where it is a bit more difficult to fake participation and get intensive help at every level and on each assignment and group input expectation, then there was likely little hope for him.

VN Store

Back