Shaking things up !

djtee

Lady Vols Lose Fifth Straight, Fall to Arkansas | Rocky Top Insider

Why KK ? she is limited with the bad knee. I would have started Rae. Yes she make mistakes and just like the others on the team but to me she starts to play better with the more playing time. When they made the come back she was on the floor. I the this line up will give the team a better chance of winning. Westbrook, Zaay, C.Green, Davis, Rae. And to be fair Rae is ask to play the 4 because Davis has issues about playing there. But if Holly can get Davis to play it we should be ok. I think this line up can put points on the board and should be able to defend. defend ?

Reactions: zaqhhh
Roster changes won’t make a bit of difference. It starts with coaching, schemes, and team chemistry.

You are 100% correct it starts with coaching, schemes, and team chemistry. And I`m sure one of the assistant coaches may have suggested a line up change. But You can`t replace Davis with someone who is injured.

Reactions: feathersax

Why KK ? she is limited with the bad knee. I would have started Rae. Yes she make mistakes and just like the others on the team but to me she starts to play better with the more playing time. When they made the come back she was on the floor. I the this line up will give the team a better chance of winning. Westbrook, Zaay, C.Green, Davis, Rae. And to be fair Rae is ask to play the 4 because Davis has issues about playing there. But if Holly can get Davis to play it we should be ok. I think this line up can put points on the board and should be able to defend. defend ?

Well, I was glad to see a line-up change. Davis had been playing not only poorly but lackadaisically; Meme had at least been giving the effort. Yeah, KK maybe wasn't the optimal choice but the other options were Collins and Burrell. I can see wanting to give the more experienced player a shot. And KK got subbed pretty quickly and Rennia picked up quick fouls when she did come in (though she started to find her groove a bit in the 2nd half). It is often more important as to who is on the floor in the clutch than who starts. I think that group was pretty much aligned with your list.

They let this one slip after fighting back from a formidable deficit. Poor possessions and defensive breakdowns down the stretch were the story not the starting line-up.

Last edited:
These girls are not being taught the basics because CHW either doesn't know the basics or isn't capable of teaching. Therefore, we need a head coach who does understand and can teach. It ain't rocket science. David Tucker or Debo Toomey could do wonders with this bunch.

GO VOLS!!!!

Reactions: alexvol
These girls are not being taught the basics because CHW either doesn't know the basics or isn't capable of teaching. Therefore, we need a head coach who does understand and can teach. It ain't rocket science. David Tucker or Debo Toomey could do wonders with this bunch.

GO VOLS!!!!

I think Holly expected to just get on the train Pat set in motion and ride it autonomously. Almost like it was going to drive itself. All she would have to do is blow the whistle at crossings and wave at the people from the window. Thats IMO is how she has coached this team since she took over.

Well, I was glad to see a line-up change. Davis had been playing not only poorly but lackadaisically; Meme had at least been giving the effort. Yeah, KK maybe wasn't the optimal choice but the other options were Collins and Burrell. I can see wanting to give the more experienced player a shot. And KK got subbed pretty quickly and David picked up quick fouls when she did come in (though she started to find her groove a bit in the 2nd half). It is often more important as to who is on the floor in the clutch than who starts. I think that group was pretty much aligned with your list.

They let this one slip after fighting back from a formidable deficit. Poor possessions and defensive breakdowns down the stretch were the story not the starting line-up.

I notes Davis can leap so why not go up strong in the paint when she gets the ball.

GO VOLS!!!!

By the way, I see you have a TTUE FJ. I have a 2014 Iceberg. Cheers!

Reactions: Ratvol
The way we played that last 10 seconds tells you all you need to know about this coaching staff. The players had no clue what to do and let the Arkansas player get all the way to the rim for a five footer. No lineup we put in will make a difference players make to many bonehead mistakes and have no knowledge of what to do in any given situation. Rae got a rebound with us leading by 5 and tries to dribble through a crowd upcourt. She gets stripped they get a three. There was only 1:58 on the clock at that time. She should've gave the ball to Evina and we should've run a play with 30 seconds of clock. The way Holly always has this team playing in a hurry even with a lead shows her inability to coach a team.

The way we played that last 10 seconds tells you all you need to know about this coaching staff. The players had no clue what to do and let the Arkansas player get all the way to the rim for a five footer. No lineup we put in will make a difference players make to many bonehead mistakes and have no knowledge of what to do in any given situation. Rae got a rebound with us leading by 5 and tries to dribble through a crowd upcourt. She gets stripped they get a three. There was only 1:58 on the clock at that time. She should've gave the ball to Evina and we should've run a play with 30 seconds of clock. The way Holly always has this team playing in a hurry even with a lead shows her inability to coach a team.

Rewind ! You are correct Rae try to dribble through a crowd upcourt and turned the ball over and they hit a three a mistake on Rae part. But Tenn was still up i think by 2. But Westbrook turnover was the killer instead of pulling it back she tried to force the ball like she always do and that was the ball game.

Rewind ! You are correct Rae try to dribble through a crowd upcourt and turned the ball over and they hit a three a mistake on Rae part. But Tenn was still up i think by 2. But Westbrook turnover was the killer instead of pulling it back she tried to force the ball like she always do and that was the ball game.

The mental mistakes are enormous and that reflects not only on Holly but the Assistants as well. They are the people that get the players up to the basketball IQ they should have by this time in the season.

Reactions: feathersax
The mental mistakes are enormous and that reflects not only on Holly but the Assistants as well. They are the people that get the players up to the basketball IQ they should have by this time in the season.

I agree with you 100% also what makes no sense they push the ball when they don`t need to. Like Rae that was a freshmen mistake but she will learn from that. Hat`s off to C. Green her rebounding is off the charts. Next year not sure who will replace her in the post.

Roster changes won’t make a bit of difference. It starts with coaching, schemes, and team chemistry.
This team has zero chemistry, u can see much better BB going to middle school game. I knows this team has good players and were highly recruited other schools.
Holly does not have team prepared in phase of game...………….

I agree 100%. I have begged for Rae to be allowed to play 30 minutes if she can hold out. KK will not be any help this year . Green has ups and downs as well. Mimi should play 20 minutes if she can. Back to Rae she has the purest shot on the team. When she gets PT and some confidence she will be fine. Slow on defense but at least most of the time shows effort. Other than Evina those three compete.JMHO as usual.

Reactions: lvocd
I agree 100%. I have begged for Rae to be allowed to play 30 minutes if she can hold out. KK will not be any help this year . Green has ups and downs as well. Mimi should play 20 minutes if she can. Back to Rae she has the purest shot on the team. When she gets PT and some confidence she will be fine. Slow on defense but at least most of the time shows effort. Other than Evina those three compete.JMHO as usual.

Rae played 30+ minutes vs. Alabama, and they lost by 21. Until she learns how to shoot...

Mimi has that weird off the shoulder shot, whether she's outside or inside. She will taste a lot of Spaulding trying to put that up against any post players with size. And as you noted, she's a bit of a defensive liability.

The less said about Masssengill, the better. Can't shoot, gets lost on defense, can't hit FTs. At best, she's a poor man's version of Evina. At her average, she's not ready to contribute. She needs to get better...a lot better...in all areas of the game.

Zaay Green is the only freshman who is game ready, and what you see is what you will get for the next 3 years unless there's a coaching change. The lineup of Evina, Jordan, Zaay and Rennia can be deadly in the hands of a coach that knows what to do with them.

Rae played 30+ minutes vs. Alabama, and they lost by 21. Until she learns how to shoot...

Mimi has that weird off the shoulder shot, whether she's outside or inside. She will taste a lot of Spaulding trying to put that up against any post players with size. And as you noted, she's a bit of a defensive liability.

The less said about Masssengill, the better. Can't shoot, gets lost on defense, can't hit FTs. At best, she's a poor man's version of Evina. At her average, she's not ready to contribute. She needs to get better...a lot better...in all areas of the game.

Zaay Green is the only freshman who is game ready, and what you see is what you will get for the next 3 years unless there's a coaching change. The lineup of Evina, Jordan, Zaay and Rennia can be deadly in the hands of a coach that knows what to do with them.

Sounds to me like they are all in need of a good summer skills coach.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
I am not sure shaking things up would make a whole lot of difference! Watching this team play its obvious that the Bball IQ is not very high! Yes this team is loaded with 5* ratings but that rating came from someone watching these young ladies play against other players who were obviously not as big and strong and athletic as these current players! Instead of the Coaches going to these huge Exposure Showcase events and offering scholarships to the biggest and fastest kids use a couple to recruit kids with bball IQ and court awareness! It helps having players on the court that can be leaders and on court coaches!

They have played about every combination possible. There is nothing to shake up. They have all played and have played quite a few minutes except for Harris. Saying "shake up" is just a word game with no real meaning in relation to this team.

Reactions: PG1 and Amb3096
Don't know where else to ask, so I'll try here since ya'll are talking lineups. What's the world on Jackson's injury?

I am not sure shaking things up would make a whole lot of difference! Watching this team play its obvious that the Bball IQ is not very high! Yes this team is loaded with 5* ratings but that rating came from someone watching these young ladies play against other players who were obviously not as big and strong and athletic as these current players! Instead of the Coaches going to these huge Exposure Showcase events and offering scholarships to the biggest and fastest kids use a couple to recruit kids with bball IQ and court awareness! It helps having players on the court that can be leaders and on court coaches!

mesmerized...
waiting for Post #2

Holly said Jackson's injury was her ankle and she was day to day. We have seen how "day to day" has gone in the past, so who knows if she will be back.

VN Store

Back