Shaka Smart to Marquette

Shaka Smart 0 tournament wins at Texas the last 6 years.

Marquette 0 tournament wins in the last 8 years.

It’s a perfect match!

Reactions: VolnJC
Just did some research bc I wanted to know how much snow Marquette gets. They average 154” per year with precipitation beginning in mid October and sometimes in mid May. A little bit different than Austin.

Reactions: MAD and Volfan1000
He parlayed a Final Four run with VCU into a nice payday and an underwhelming run at Texas.
It's truly amazing how much hay he made out of that run. He's only won 2 tournament games since going to that Final Four.

And that's not to say that it wasn't an amazing run, because it was (especially as an at-large from a mid-major conference), but it seems like most people have memory holed how he's performed since then.

Reactions: Border Vol
Just did some research bc I wanted to know how much snow Marquette gets. They average 154” per year with precipitation beginning in mid October and sometimes in mid May. A little bit different than Austin.
I don't see how people live in those kinds of climes.

It isn't even the fact that it gets that cold, or that they get that much snow. If it's below zero in the dead of winter, I could handle that. The problem with those places is that the winter lasts 6-7 months. In April and May you should not still be having days that are below freezing.

It isn't even the fact that it gets that cold, or that they get that much snow. If it's below zero in the dead of winter, I could handle that. The problem with those places is that the winter lasts 6-7 months. In April and May you should not still be having days that are below freezing.
I know, right??

C’mon weather, I have seedlings to plant out!

1616870022422.png

Hence indoor basketball is much more popular than outdoor football and baseball

Appears Texas is trying to poach Texas Tech's coach Chris Beard. He's a Horn alum and a very good coach. Two EE and a F4 in 5 years. He does make $6M at Texas Tech. Shaka Smart made half that.

Texas athletic department is a trainwreck. They seem to make decent quality hires that never work out.

Hence indoor basketball is much more popular than outdoor football and baseball
They like football (Packers) and baseball (Brewers) in Milwaukee too. The football games in the cold wouldn't bother me as much - football is a great cold weather sport - but it should be warm by the time baseball season starts.

Reactions: Wireless1
They like football (Packers) and baseball (Brewers) in Milwaukee too. The football games in the cold wouldn't bother me as much - football is a great cold weather sport - but it should be warm by the time baseball season starts.
True, that 300 miles for Milwaukee to Marquette makes things a little more miserable

I think he thinks Marquette University is located in Marquette, MI....
Just learned there’s a Marquette township in Wisconsin.
To get to Milwaukee from Marquette University you simply turn right or left out of the university. Also very close to Chicago

Reactions: Wireless1
It doesn't snow nearly that much in Milwaukee.

It doesn't snow nearly that much in Milwaukee.
Just quoting what I looked up. I’ve never been to Milwaukee, probably won’t unless it’s for work at some point. I can’t and don’t drink anymore and that’s like 3/4 of the appeal of Milwaukee .

VN Store

Back