Shaka Smart to Marquette

05_never_again

He parlayed a Final Four run with VCU into a nice payday and an underwhelming run at Texas.
It's truly amazing how much hay he made out of that run. He's only won 2 tournament games since going to that Final Four.

And that's not to say that it wasn't an amazing run, because it was (especially as an at-large from a mid-major conference), but it seems like most people have memory holed how he's performed since then.

05_never_again

Just did some research bc I wanted to know how much snow Marquette gets. They average 154” per year with precipitation beginning in mid October and sometimes in mid May. A little bit different than Austin.
I don't see how people live in those kinds of climes.

It isn't even the fact that it gets that cold, or that they get that much snow. If it's below zero in the dead of winter, I could handle that. The problem with those places is that the winter lasts 6-7 months. In April and May you should not still be having days that are below freezing.

VolNExile

Easily amused

It isn't even the fact that it gets that cold, or that they get that much snow. If it's below zero in the dead of winter, I could handle that. The problem with those places is that the winter lasts 6-7 months. In April and May you should not still be having days that are below freezing.
I know, right??

C’mon weather, I have seedlings to plant out!

1616870022422.png

Wireless1

Character is who you are when no one is looking

Hence indoor basketball is much more popular than outdoor football and baseball

Appears Texas is trying to poach Texas Tech's coach Chris Beard. He's a Horn alum and a very good coach. Two EE and a F4 in 5 years. He does make $6M at Texas Tech. Shaka Smart made half that.

Texas athletic department is a trainwreck. They seem to make decent quality hires that never work out.

Wireless1

Character is who you are when no one is looking
They like football (Packers) and baseball (Brewers) in Milwaukee too. The football games in the cold wouldn't bother me as much - football is a great cold weather sport - but it should be warm by the time baseball season starts.
True, that 300 miles for Milwaukee to Marquette makes things a little more miserable

VN Store

Sponsors