# shades of Gray

I doubt it. He really isn’t that good. Is he better than anyone we have? No he isn’t. Gray couldn’t do anything at OK. He needs to transfer to a smaller school where he can shine. Gray was our #1 because our RB room was weak. Not the case now.
Gray can play. I’m hearing that this is picking up steam if he can graduate.

Reactions: Vol8188
Would be annoying for him to come and take a scholarship again. He should just stick it out and try ro vall out at Oklahoma. It's be an annoying risk for us to take to bring him in and hope he still had glimpses of what he had before. Didn't he cost Oklahoma a chance at the playoff?

Half of this board wouldn’t have taken Michael Jordan back after he left to play baseball.

If a guy can help, we should want him. Yes, our former leading rusher can help and would likely be the number 1 or 2 on the depth chart

Gray and Crouch both, don't want. You're either a Vol or not. Now, I concede that they got Pruitt puked, so can understand somewhat their leaving. However, the team Josh has for us, are a platoon of fighters, not quitters. I want nobody who might even remotely possible to mess that up.

I recall the outrage that “we wuz givin a bammer a squalorship” when we signed Kamara. Yeesh. UT was a flaming rat nest when Gray left. He wants to return and earn a spot— let him. The coach gets to judge who can help. Put your shirt back on, and let it play out.

On another note, Richmond upsets Iowa in the Big Dance. Wow!

That ain't nuttin, man, Kentucky got declawed by a bunch of pagan Scot-Irish hybrids converted to Catholicism. And that the wholly truth.

Let's win football games. If they can make that happen, outside being a criminal, let's freaking go.

I would generally agree, but if he was involved in taking money (against the rules), then it would not be good for the program. Also, there could still be hard feelings on the team. Not likely a good situation.

I believe he left before Heupel was hired. I don't like that he left and abandoned his team. However if the team will accept him and Heupel thinks he can help UT win... I won't condemn it.

Reactions: Vol4ever
At Oklahoma he had 412 yards in 12 games pedestrian 412/12= 34 yards a game, you can pick that up anywhere without baggage. He seemed to have a big run and a bunch of no gains. A good back that could stall some drives over course of game. A bit immature from what I’ve been told. Never trust a B.O.B blonde Out of Bottle.
1647690214128.png

At Oklahoma he had 412 yards in 12 games pedestrian 412/12= 34 yards a game, you can pick that up anywhere without baggage. He seemed to have a big run and a bunch of no gains. A good back that could stall some drives over course of game. A bit immature from what I’ve been told. Never trust a B.O.B blonde Out of Bottle.
View attachment 440784

So we are just going to ignore what he did here and leave out the fact that their starter ran for 1200+ and is nfl bound?

Seems like a fair and unbiased assessment. I sure would hate it if we landed a RB who’s averaged over 5 yards per carry for his career in elite conferences behind bad lines 2 of his 3 years

Last edited:
Reactions: GoVolunteers
I’d love to have him back, but I’m not sure Donde would let that happen without complete exoneration. And keep in mind that Pruitt is still suing for his buyout. We bring a guy that “might have” received improper benefits, we may weaken the case against Pruitt.
We could say we gave him a one year suspension and he decided to Oklahoma to serve it.

Gray and Crouch both, don't want. You're either a Vol or not. Now, I concede that they got Pruitt puked, so can understand somewhat their leaving. However, the team Josh has for us, are a platoon of fighters, not quitters. I want nobody who might even remotely possible to mess that up.

Would you have taken Michael Jordan back when he left to play baseball?

I'd take him back.

I think he'd be better in Heupel's offense than he was in Pruitt's. I haven't seen any of his play from Oklahoma. From what I saw while he was here, he's a very capable backup in our system at worst.

He almost always made the 1st man miss in open space. Not being able to break the 1st tackle and indecisiveness or hesitating to hit the hole when there wasn't much there, seemed to be his biggest flaws to me.

I would love to have him back. We pushed him out of here but I do think things have changed and would welcome him returning.

No. See, MJ never played football for the Vols, and he left the Bulls, a professional basketball team to play baseball, all of which has naught to do with the Tennessee Volunteers. Now, regarding Gray, if Josh decides he wants him, it won't change my view that I rather he not return, but I'd shut up because the coach calls the shots, and I don't. But for the heck of it, let's get back to MJ. My favorite BB team is the Lakers (I know, go figure). I'd want MJ on the Laker team just to keep the terrific trio broken up. MJ+Scottie Pippin+Dennis Rodman, were a horror for everybody back then. So, I'd grab him if I could, just to stiff the Bulls. You and me, Vol8188, we think different, cause you're a Groaci, I on the other hand am a Hroshii.

Jesus Christ dude seriously? This is the anaology you are going to use? Please list the individual awards Gray has won. Please give the proof that at ANY point in Grays college career where he has been universally considered the best player in college football.

Jesus Christ dude seriously? This is the anaology you are going to use? Please list the individual awards Gray has won. Please give the proof that at ANY point in Grays college career where he has been universally considered the best player in college football.

I thought the issue was that he “quit” and “abandoned his team”. Didn’t Jordan do that? Was it bad for the Bulls’ locker room to bring him back?

I’ve never proclaimed “he’s the greatest RB of all time”.

VN Store

Back