Seth Davis: "[Barnes] had reached out to express his interest"

This thread feels like a bad movie anthology. The same cast of characters attempting to tell the same story in different words over and over again hoping each time that it will actually amount to something, yet it never does.

At this point, it is a he said/she said argument with each party attempting to save face. Those who hate the contract and/or don’t like Barnes in general are going to believe he’s the villain. Those who are happy Tennessee actually paid to keep a coach instead of hitting reset are generally more forgiving and/or willing to give Barnes the benefit of the doubt.

C’est la vie.

I hope UT wins every game they play so I dont want Barnes to get fired for sucking but I'd love for us to get to fire Rick for him being caught with a transvestite prostitute.

For all of you that believe this latest “save face” article from a UCLA beat writer I have oceanfront property here in Tennessee to sell you. I know people in the search and know for a fact Barnes was contacted by UCLA. He did not reach out to them.

Reactions: pamovol
I’d laugh if Barnes left us out of the blue for another job then our administration ended up hiring an up & comer to replace him.

Then ya’ll would be begging and crying to bring Barnes back.

Be careful what you wish for folks.

I’d laugh if Barnes left us out of the blue for another job then our administration ended up hiring an up & comer to replace him.

Well lucky for you, we’ll be paying a Sweet 16 coach like a championship coach.

D5XgHtLXkAA2mK_.jpg

As he represents himself I find this very odd

This thread feels like a bad movie anthology. The same cast of characters attempting to tell the same story in different words over and over again hoping each time that it will actually amount to something, yet it never does.

At this point, it is a he said/she said argument with each party attempting to save face. Those who hate the contract and/or don’t like Barnes in general are going to believe he’s the villain. Those who are happy Tennessee actually paid to keep a coach instead of hitting reset are generally more forgiving and/or willing to give Barnes the benefit of the doubt.

C’est la vie.

Come on. As he’s receiving the Naismith award he’s negotiating with UCLA, Barnes admits this himself. Even said he thought he was there. And it came from out of the blue. Something stinks. Fulmer got played. Barnes ain’t no deacon.

Come on. As he’s receiving the Naismith award he’s negotiating with UCLA, Barnes admits this himself. Even said he thought he was there. And it came from out of the blue. Something stinks. Fulmer got played. Barnes ain’t no deacon.
What above point did you make that I have attempted to refute?

For all of you that believe this latest “save face” article from a UCLA beat writer I have oceanfront property here in Tennessee to sell you. I know people in the search and know for a fact Barnes was contacted by UCLA. He did not reach out to them.
Hey Jordan here's the picture of that property we discussed just off Kingston Pike.
20190428_171631.jpg

Reactions: SmokeyLives

Another symptom of the coach lovers in this fan base.

Reactions: Big time vol
This fiasco could only happen at Tennessee.

Extremely disappointed in Rick Barnes and the stain he has put on the University. He needs to man up and talk honest turkey on this deal to put it behind, if that’s possible. Playing your own people for selfish benefit is not taken kindly in these parts. He might find out.

Reactions: Big time vol

VN Store

Back