Serious question for WBB historians

bobkitten

Since I started following women's college BB ( late 70s), it seems like what was a rare occurrence has become quite common: Young women switching teams during their college careers. Why is this?

And

Are the men playing college BB also switching teams as often? My impression is that they are not. If not, why not?

Seems like you see it in college football. Are these observation correct, and how do you explain the differences?

Since I started following women's college BB ( late 70s), it seems like what was a rare occurrence has become quite common: Young women switching teams during their college careers. Why is this?

And

Are the men playing college BB also switching teams as often? My impression is that they are not. If not, why not?

Seems like you see it in college football. Are these observation correct, and how do you explain the differences?

Because the good ones turn pro early, so there's much more frequent turnover of players to begin with. Most top teams will undergo major roster changes year to year. 4 year players are uncommon at the elite level.

NCAA rules have changed making it easier to transfer and the players have changed with a lot less loyalty to a program and more interest in their own careers.

VN Store

Back