Serious expectations of the defense

Ladies and gents, get ready because year 2 will soon begin and I think we're going to see some different things and here's why...

Coaching staff last year was NOT proven at all and everyone was guessing at what they could really do including all recruits and players.

Now our coaching staff IS well proven and all our players know it and recruits are starting to learn it and see it too. so we'll soon start to see our recruiting get MUCH better.

Our players HAVE now learned to listen and learn from our coaches and that they WILL have a good chance to graduate and go make BIG $$$ in the NFL so they'll listen more and work harder at what they're being taught and we WILL start seeing the differences on the field.

What will be a bit different on our O side of the ball?

It all starts with HH at QB and we WILL see some different things from him I believe.

NFL wants good people at QB but 1 of the most important things is to play smart, stay safe and be able to play every game rather than to get hurt and we know that HH is being pushed hard to slide more or to get down and NOT to take the really hard hits that can get him hurt and that it's really fine to get 1, 2 or 3 yards less on a play as long as he can get up and go make those yards on the next play and HH WILL learn that because this IS his last year to prove to the NFL exactly what he has to offer.

HH is also going to be taught to play a little differently and to always be safe with the ball but if he has a safe pass to make the big plays for a quick TD then to go for it but it's also fine to take the 6, 7 pr 8 yard passes to always keep the ball and the chains moving, get the 1st downs and keep the other team off the field where they can't score.

I think HH will learn that as long as we score it won't matter if we take 3, 4 or 5 plays or if we take 8, 10 or 14 plays as long as we make safe plays and always keep the ball moving.

We WILL still see lots of BIG plays and fast TD's but I also think we'll see more ball and clock control because other teams will be looking more for us to go for the BIG plays a lot like they'll see on tape from last season.

I also expect to see our TE's making lots more plays.

What will be different on the D side of the ball?

Most of our guys will now know or D systems much better so they'll be more relaxed and will be able to play much faster that that alone WILL make our D a bit better.

I believe our D line will be better and that we WILL get more pressure on the QB and that will cause mistakes, bad passes and more INT's and pass break ups.

I also think we'll blitz a bit more to keep the QB off balance, scared and to force more of his passes faster than he'll like.

After we take a 3 TD lead is when I think we'll really open up our D, blitz lots more and take more chances to go after lots more INT's and pass break ups.

Yes, we'll get burned sometimes but we'll get more turnovers and with a solid lead on the scoreboard the risks we'll take will be more than worth it.

Our D players and the D recruits will really love being able to turn it loose and get after it the way they really want to play.

We all know for a FACT that we got ripped off against LaMe and in the Bowl game so we really had a 9 WIN season and if HH had started we would have had a good chance at the WIN against Pitt too for a 10 WIN season.

You can bet your house that all our coaches and players KNOW those things too and that they all EXPECT themselves to have a MUCH better season this year too.

Get ready folks because I believe that the mindset of our 2nd year Team is simply...line them up and let us play because #WGWTFA!!!

I honestly believe that after this season some people are gong to say that our Tennessee footVOL Team really did OVERachieve.

I believe we ARE going to totally STUN some people!

Buckle up my friends because our footVOL Team is working hard and is damn determined to put Tennessee back on the map where we belong!!!

The FEAR of having to play Tennessee WILL soon be BACK!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Last edited:
I expect to see a well coached defense, with players knowing thier assignments, unlike the Pruitt years. Improved line and edge play will be a big aide to the defensive backfield. I truly believe 3rd down defensive stops will be greatly improved over last season. But then I give points and take the vols over Alabama every year....someday.

Elijah Herring
William Mohan
Juwan Mitchell

All three should improve the LB Corp. But there’s still not elite talent there.

Herring
Mohan
Mitchell
Beasley
Banks
Perry
Page III
Garland

Depth should be better. Not close to great.

VN Store

Back