Senior Day for JG

VolunteerCeltic

Never tell me the odds!
I humbly ask that for those of you who will be at the game tomorrow, when JG's name is called for Senior Day, please do not boo him! He gave his all to TN, the results were not what we wanted at all times, but that young man has character, class and he worked hard. Show him your appreciation for making Tennessee his home during his collegiate career.

I humbly ask that for those of you who will be at the game tomorrow, when JG's name is called for Senior Day, please do not boo him! He gave his all to TN, the results were not what we wanted at all times, but that young man has character, class and he worked hard. Show him your appreciation for making Tennessee his home during his collegiate career.
I agree 100%. It would be totally classless for someone to boo him.

I agree but if they want to boo anyone feel free to boo Pruitt. It's his job to put the best product on the field.

Reactions: Spawn
Agree. Him not being a very good quarterback but still being told he's the guy isn't his fault. I wouldn't have much respect for someone that came out and said they didn't think they were good enough to play, please bench me. He was told to do something beyond his skill level and did his best to live up to the expectations.

Agree. Him not being a very good quarterback but still being told he's the guy isn't his fault. I wouldn't have much respect for someone that came out and said they didn't think they were good enough to play, please bench me. He was told to do something beyond his skill level and did his best to live up to the expectations.

Exactly right.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
I agree but if they want to boo anyone feel free to boo Pruitt. It's his job to put the best product on the field.
Much as i am disappointed in the product this season, I refuse to boo Pruitt either. He was given a job and has tried to do it. Not his fault if he wasn’t the best fit for the job. Blame the hiring manager if you must blame anyone

While I’m certainly glad that we have moved past the JG era; it would be foolish to disrespect someone who earned a scholarship to UT, earned his degree and was able to play on Saturday’s for as long as he has been able to even if the results on the field weren’t what we wanted.

Fans should always be mindful that these guys are young men and also that we as fans are setting an example for the next generation of fans that will one day occupy Neyland Stadium. No matter what; let’s cheer for all of the young men that proudly wear the orange! GBO!

While I’m certainly glad that we have moved past the JG era; it would be foolish to disrespect someone who earned a scholarship to UT, earned his degree and was able to play on Saturday’s for as long as he has been able to even if the results on the field weren’t what we wanted.

Fans should always be mindful that these guys are young men and also that we as fans are setting an example for the next generation of fans that will one day occupy Neyland Stadium. No matter what; let’s cheer for all of the young men that proudly wear the orange! GBO!
Couldn’t agree more. I turned out to be a totally different “fit” than the career for which college was preparing me. Maybe JG the NFL quarterback is going to end us as JG the very successful <insert job title here>. Only a fraction of people end up eventually becoming what they were ostensibly pursuing when they first crossed the college threshold.

VN Store

Back