Senior Clemson RB Lyn-J Dixon

Statistical bias? Ok then using your logic Barry Sanders is not the greatest college running back of all time because of SOS, and all the rest of the things you mentioned. Statistical bias is everywhere in college football. There is no way around it. That’s why using it as some sort of ammo for a retort is useless. Take the NFL. Who is the best QB to ever play? Tom Brady? Is he that much better than Tarkenton? Stabler? Grange? How far back you want to go?

Stats are how players are judged. That’s just fact. Saying Etienne is my hero just shows how your argument has failed. I stated a fact that goes against our fans perceptions. Does that mean I like Etienne better than any of our former RBs? Absolutely not. My favorite TN RB is Charlie Garner . I would take him 100 times out of 100 over Etienne. That doesn’t change the fact that statistically speaking Etienne was much better.

Yes, statistical bias is everywhere and that's why an opinion based on those bias stats cannot be presented as irrefutable fact. Etienne wasn't that much better than Garner when you adjust for length of career, but he was better statistically speaking, so your last sentence is fair. But that doesn't mean that if you dropped Etienne in that UT offense he would have out-performed Garner. That is my whole point. Because we;ll never know neither you, nor I, nor anyone else can say one player was absolutely better than anyone else a university ever had.

Btw, I called him your hero because you chose to irrationally marry your arugment him. I don't believe he's your hero, but making light of you in that fashion was more polite than just calling you out for being dense and obtuse. I wouldn't have wasted my time typing if your original posts had just stated Etienne was statistically better.

Ifs and buts don’t count. Stats do. You are assuming Kamara would have crushed it. He probably would have but there was no guarantee. If you think Kamara was just heads and shoulders above Etienne than you are fooling yourself.

Conjecture doesn’t work.
Conjecture these nutz. Travis played in a weak azz conference which helped his so called stats. Would have been much different stats in the SEC.

Not an argument it’s called an opinion so technically your post is dumb!

I would take Alvin Kamara and Jalen Hurd over Travis Etienne all day every day!
So your saying based on stats, that’s your argument? The 7th best QB based on stats is JG in UT history! Stats don’t mean $h!t in this argument. I can give you these all day.

Reactions: Golf freak
Etienne is better than any RB we have ever had. Your argument is dumb.

WHAT?!!! Alvin Kamara? Arian Foster? Jamal Lewis? Travis Stephens? Charlie Garner? Jay Graham? Little Man Stewart? Reggie Cobb? Chuck Webb? Travis Etienne was a damn good player but was he more talented than ALL of those guys? Nah. Maybe he had better stats, but he was not more talented. Jamal Lewis, especially, was the truth and I would take him 10/10 times over Etienne. Kamara, too. And a lot of those backs split carries. Etienne was the main guy for his entire career, pretty much.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
WHAT?!!! Alvin Kamara? Arian Foster? Jamal Lewis? Travis Stephens? Charlie Garner? Jay Graham? Little Man Stewart? Reggie Cobb? Chuck Webb? Travis Etienne was a damn good player but was he more talented than ALL of those guys? Nah. Maybe he had better stats, but he was not more talented. Jamal Lewis, especially, was the truth and I would take him 10/10 times over Etienne. Kamara, too. And a lot of those backs split carries. Etienne was the main guy for his entire career, pretty much.

I have said repeatedly than I am talking about statistically only. Statistically speaking Etienne is better than any RB we have had. Would I take him over a lot of the guys you mentioned? Absolutely not.

Why would anyone not want to pair Dixon with Small and Evans?

No real thoughts personally on Dixon but Evans could be a one and done type guy so we should definitely keep our eyes on RB market just in case. Evans has a kid and being a RB if you have a big year you strike while you can. If he keeps up his current trend of playmaking then he will be very much on NFL radar

VN Store

Back