Selling a jeep to an out of state buyer

rekinhavoc

Respect the Hemi! No Interviews.
I have somone in Oregon interested in buying my 2006 LJ Rubicon. They have a quote to have it hauled out there. To be safe I will insist on cash or cashiers check. Will the transport company bring me that so the buyer feels safe ?

When I sold a boat, my credit union set up an escrow (there was a down payment to hold it, then a month or so before delivery, the balance was paid before pickup) account and they held the title until pickup. Once the vehicle was on the trailer it was his so I got my money.

Last edited:
Reactions: rekinhavoc
I have somone in Oregon interested in buying my 2006 LJ Rubicon. They have a quote to have it hauled out there. To be safe I will insist on cash or cashiers check. Will the transport company bring me that so the buyer feels safe ?
Cashiers checks aren't necessarily safe. Use your bank to handle the transaction.

Just have them wire the money to you.Much easier

Just have them wire the money to you.Much easier
They asked that and Paypal. Paypal has no fraud protection for vehicle purchases or Venmo. You talking direct to bank or Western Union?

VN Store

Back