Section S and T new chairback donation cost

JacketVol

Go Vols!
I could not get a clear answer outside the donation will be going up. Currently 1250 per seat. What do you think the new cost will be per seat?

Reactions: ATC_VOL
To me there is no reason to up the ticket/seat donation. This program has not put a true winner on the field since Josh Dobbs left for the NFL.

Win, then raise prices. To be fair I let my season tickets go before Pruitt got here and I have no plans to renew. I come to 3-4 games per year and the cost of buying on the street is still cheaper than season tickets.

I was under the impression the donation levels were locked in, and they could only raise them for new ticket donors if decide to raise prices - not on current seat holders. Can anyone verify this?

And, like @VolBricks said, it'd be crazy to raise prices now. I would think that with the losing season last year, the threat of NCAA sanctions, a coach that is an unknown coaching at SEC level, and the number of quality players that transfered, this would be a good season to NOT RENEW, however we do love our Vols, don't we?

Also - the home schedule is in one of those odd years - we play UF and UA on the road this year.

The seats will be all chair backs so with that change, it is how they would justify it. They moved people to end zone seats when they did the terrace level. Different AD but they have snatched seats before.

Reactions: CPA
It is just the lower section of the entire sideline and they will have a entrance to get in out of the weather and concessions, much like the terrace.

utsideline.JPG

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
To me there is no reason to up the ticket/seat donation. This program has not put a true winner on the field since Josh Dobbs left for the NFL.

Win, then raise prices. To be fair I let my season tickets go before Pruitt got here and I have no plans to renew. I come to 3-4 games per year and the cost of buying on the street is still cheaper than season tickets.
Value is based on what people are willing to pay for it. If there’s someone willing to pay that amount we’re not gonna say no to them

Reactions: HalfullVol
Value is based on what people are willing to pay for it. If there’s someone willing to pay that amount we’re not gonna say no to them
I agree on the "Value" thing, but I would think that Danny White would much rather see a full stadium than have a few thousand more dollars in the coffers.

Reactions: jonnon111
Has Anybody seen an estimate on what the full attendance will be after the renovations?
I hate dropping under 100,000.
But, it sure looks like it will. Maybe even under 90,000?

Reactions: jonnon111
I could not get a clear answer outside the donation will be going up. Currently 1250 per seat. What do you think the new cost will be per seat?
knowing Tennessee it’ll go up for no reason. We have the most loyal fan base in the world and they know it

Echoes of UT moving my 4 seats in TT to make way for the loge seats. All the way around to GG...two rows ahead of hoards of bama, gator, bulldog etc. visitors. Sure - I had the offer to pay a ridiculous amount to "go loge" - but I had two sons at UT at the time and was tapped out.

As an alum I knew well the term "Big Orange Screw."

Reactions: ptcarter

I sat in section T up until a couple of years ago and the donation required was $2500 per seat. Not $1250.

But the official attendance will be announced as 102000
Correct because they use the fire marshal's occupancy rules when calculating "seats" in those lounge/bar areas.
So the announced attendance will automatically be those occupancy numbers plus tickets sold.

Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy was one of the first football facilities to have one of these lounges/bars/party decks of a decent size.
The advertised capacity is 70K, with announced attendance usually right around that, but if you've ever been there on game day it doesn't take long to see that if it wasn't for that lounge area there is no way they are putting 70K in that stadium.
So the occupancy number of the lounge gets added onto the number of tickets sold.

Side note question for the most sagely Vol:

Does a poor season impact the prices/attendance more on the premium seating or the nose bleed section?

When we struggle on the field do more people in the upper level say “forget it, I’ll watch from the couch and then enjoy other games on TV afterwards instead of sitting way up there on the cheaper side.” Or, does it impact the premium seat more, as in “no way I’m paying for lower level midfield to watch us get spanked.”

or maybe it’s similar across all seating/price ranges ?

Amenities appear to be similar to Tennessee Terrace so I suspect the cost will be similar. But being lower level, it is a better seating location so may be more.

I didn't make a large enough donation in March to renew my north endzone seats for 2021 but in April received an offer from the UTAD offering me the same seats at half the required donation. I think you may have the opportunity to negotiate some.

Has Anybody seen an estimate on what the full attendance will be after the renovations?
I hate dropping under 100,000.
But, it sure looks like it will. Maybe even under 90,000?

Don’t care.

Looks awesome.

my guess would be $2500 per seat... double donation... As in the past, people in those seats would get an option to stay or would be given other locations to pick from. I'm just guessing based on past processes.

Reactions: JacketVol
I don't want a party deck. I just want a modern bathroom and keep capacity high. Over 100k, that is our last claim to fame and gives Neyland a roar that can't be duplicated.
If there is a $50 million party deck but I piss in a trough or can't afford tickets, then who cares. I'm not much of a drinker and I hate having to stand the entire freaking game.

my guess would be $2500 per seat... double donation... As in the past, people in those seats would get an option to stay or would be given other locations to pick from. I'm just guessing based on past processes.

Talked to the associate AD today. It’s going up for sure and may be more than you and I both think. The 2500 might be correct but with a capital donation. They have not decided yet. I hope the same as the terrace. We will see.

VN Store

Back