SECT Game Thread: Lady Vols 74 - Kentucky 83

Same with SC's Boston. Both Howard and Boston can be as physical as they want to be and rarely have fouls called on them. Meanwhile, Tamari seems to be called for fouls by simply looking at another player.

They really need to look at getting some of the men's refs to come over for the post-season officiating. For them, it would be like watching a game played in slow motion at that point in the season since they are used to watching the men and they wouldn't miss as many calls.

The women's refs are just the worst of the worst. And I firmly believe they develop grudges and have favorites. Having all new crews would prevent that.

I think Sarah is looking forward to the season being over. When she was in high school at Muscle Shoals she only played two of the 8 minute quarters. She came in here and starting playing 25 to 30 a game early in the season. Her minutes have dropped in the last several games she just looks physically tired hit that freshman wall because she was the one of all the freshmen getting the playing time.
I agree. I think she has hit that freshman wall. Hopefully, the break before the start of the NCAAT will help to reinvigorate Sara and bring back her production. Go get'em Sara.

Last edited:
With a healthy Rae and Horston, we get to the final in this tournament and give SC all they can handle. And we get to the SS in the tourney at least. Without Horston, and an 80% Rae, we can still hope for a SS, but it will be an uphill climb. All teams have injuries, but ours have been to our best producers.

I think Dye did not like Rae coming back and taking her minutes. She appeared very unmotivated during that stretch. But with Jordy out she now feels she has to carry more of the load and is back to being more intense and dynamic.

Striplin is the mystery. Why did we not do more to develop her during the season? Did the light just come on for her? Or is this game and aberration? She seems to show a lot of potential.

Puckett needs to get out of her shooting funk. She is better than that, and this team desperately needs another scorer. You can't have her and Darby be this unproductive on the offensive end and beat a good team.
From what I am seeing Striplin should have clocked more minutes, however, I trust KJH to do what she see as the right thing to do. Her recruiting class is a lot better than many of us perceived. One of the problems with Darby’s shooting is she needs too much space before she shoots. I really think that is a confidence issue. I really think this team has a lot of potential with a few more added pieces and better luck with health issues. All I have to say is, don’t count the Lady Vols out.

I love this team but they sure can be hard to watch. How many games, even during our winning streak, do we get down by double digits early. We barely had the firepower to do it back then, but we definitely don't now without Jordy, Green, and not much of Keys.
While I agree with the comments that Keys is not that offensively skilled, I do think her other main issue has been erratic focus and determination. When she is focused and determined, she has the ability to be fierce on defense and get double digit rebounds and points or at least close to it. When she doesn't have it, she will commit a couple of careless fouls that put her on the bench, seems to not have "good hands" as others have noted yet here hands were good enough in the games she was focused, and our team just doesn't have enough other remaining talent and experience to pull out wins against good teams.
I commend Rae and Dye for stepping up big during the tournament. They both played their best basketball yet this season. Now if only Keys can follow suit, we may get to the sweet 16. If not, I look forward to next year when we have more firepower and experience so that we don't have to rely so much on Key's A game.

It was a two and through.

And that is about our ceiling in the NCAA as well.
I often read through posts not looking at who the poster is. Now that I have blocked Darth I can pretty much guess that a particularly nasty, snarky post is either you or casetopia. Congrats on being relentlessly jerky. If you hate the Lady Vols and female athletes then don’t watch.

VN Store

Back