SECC Predictions

No apologies needed. Not many teams in the country have a third-stringer that could come out with as much poise as Rick. Even the players are complimenting him. Say what you will about the competition, but he's undefeated as a starter at UT.

You know what hurts worse than getting beat twice? Getting beat by a guy you made fun of. Watch out.

Tennesse in an upset win. Score not inportant. UT always delivers the unpredictable, even the downside. Barely got by Vandy/KY? No, just had to fight a little harder with mostly a backup squad on both sides. Had it been Auburn a couple of weeks ago with Clausen and others coming out for first time together to get it right quick, then we'd been waxed, polished, and buffed. KY and Vandy were for the confidence that we could play and overcome regardless of who we put on the field. Those 2 games don't have many companions this year for playing with heart and fire. Auburn, although perfect on the season, can be stopped, and have been. Stop one back and the other will slow down. They play in tandem. You don't have to control both. They are either up or down, together. I may have to come back next week and eat these words, but I say not only a win, but a good win at that.

I say

Tennessee 21 Auburn 20

We kick 7 FG's and AU's kicker Vaughn misses the game winner! And we head to the Suger Bowl!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Vols4life@Nov 30, 2004 8:08 PM
I say

Tennessee 21 Auburn 20

We kick 7 FG's and AU's kicker Vaughn misses the game winner! And we head to the Suger Bowl!!!!!!!

Auburn-86
Tenn-0

Auburn should be in the NFL

Originally posted by Atreus21@Nov 30, 2004 8:13 PM
To be fair to Auburn:

Auburn: 35
Tennessee: 31

They put 34 on us with FOUR interceptions (amongst two other turnovers) and awesome field position, against our same defense... They will not score that high again.

Originally posted by milohimself+Dec 1, 2004 12:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself &#064; Dec 1, 2004 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Atreus21@Nov 30, 2004 8:13 PM
To be fair to Auburn:

Auburn: 35
Tennessee: 31

They put 34 on us with FOUR interceptions (amongst two other turnovers) and awesome field position, against our same defense... They will not score that high again. [/quote]
Vandy and Kentucky put up 30+.

I think the D will play above average, and I think it will be close.

Auburn- 23
Tennessee-17

From what I&#39;ve seen/read, UT probably had a quarter and a half or so of actual, passionate playing against both Vandy and Kentucky combined. That&#39;s when Vandy started to creep back up on us and we finally kicked it into overdrive, and had to do the same to come back against Kentucky.

Very true... we had Vandy down 28-6 shortly into the second quarter... the UK game was just a mess though.

I can&#39;t believe people saying Aubarn belongs in the NFL... the same team that was down 6-0 to BAMA, at HALFTIME? And don&#39;t give me that rivalry crap, our game with the bammers was a rivalry too.

Vols 24 Tiggers 21

Originally posted by Orangeman@Nov 29, 2004 3:11 PM
Hey, folks. Over here in Austin I predict:

Vols: 27

Aub: 13

While it would be interesting to play the Vols in the Cotton Bowl, I would rather see the BCS turn into a total nightmare. Now...should you win that game, where would you go bowling?

Also, it&#39;s time the major conferences get into the BCS faces and demand a real playoff. I&#39;d rather see a national championship game--say UT v. UT--after a playoff run.

Hey, I&#39;m in Austin too. Nice to know I have some company here who knows who the original UT is.

VOLS 31
tiggers 24

Originally posted by afanalso@Dec 1, 2004 3:16 PM
As much as i hate to say it there is no way.

So you&#39;re saying there is no way that the Vols will lose? Cool, &#39;cause I think the Vols are going to win too&#33;

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Nov 30, 2004 1:14 PM
No apologies needed. Not many teams in the country have a third-stringer that could come out with as much poise as Rick. Even the players are complimenting him. Say what you will about the competition, but he&#39;s undefeated as a starter at UT.

You know what hurts worse than getting beat twice? Getting beat by a guy you made fun of. Watch out.

Geez&#33; I wish people would read posts before they make their replies. That way it would make a lot more sense&#33;

How many times have I said that I am not a UGA fan but an Auburn fan. AU is my alma mater, UGA is where I go to graduate school. I&#39;m all for undergraduate school loyalty&#33;

So...how many times has Ricky beaten Auburn again? I think maybe as fifth string QB for LSU he watched his teammates beat them last year.

Originally posted by GVF@Nov 30, 2004 4:53 PM
Tennesse in an upset win. Score not inportant. UT always delivers the unpredictable, even the downside. Barely got by Vandy/KY? No, just had to fight a little harder with mostly a backup squad on both sides. Had it been Auburn a couple of weeks ago with Clausen and others coming out for first time together to get it right quick, then we&#39;d been waxed, polished, and buffed. KY and Vandy were for the confidence that we could play and overcome regardless of who we put on the field. Those 2 games don&#39;t have many companions this year for playing with heart and fire. Auburn, although perfect on the season, can be stopped, and have been. Stop one back and the other will slow down. They play in tandem. You don&#39;t have to control both. They are either up or down, together. I may have to come back next week and eat these words, but I say not only a win, but a good win at that.

There&#39;s a word for this kind of thinking: naivety.

So...how many times has Ricky beaten Auburn again? I think maybe as fifth string QB for LSU he watched his teammates beat them last year.

You&#39;re exactly right Atreus, b/c if he knew anything he&#39;d realize that Clausen(Rick) was at UT last year, sitting out as the NCAA says he has to to transfer from one DI-A to another. Call it what you want... ignorance or naivety... it is what it is.

Originally posted by RickUGAAU@Nov 29, 2004 8:47 PM
Second whoopin&#39; hurts worse, plus you guys gotta rely on Casey&#39;s kid brother. I sincerely apologize for that.

Above is what I was referring to, not beating Georgia.

Rick Clausen spent last year at UT, ineligible for a year after transfer. I&#39;m sure he did enjoy watching his former teammates and friends beat, er....spank, Auburn 31-7 last year, though. They also beat your grad school en route to a National Championship. Not that you care.

As for team loyalty, I have three degrees from UT, two undergrad and one doctorate. So don&#39;t come preaching &#39;round here.

Anyway, overlook Brent (he&#39;s still hurt, right?) and keep on poking at Clausen, we&#39;ll all be cooking up a nice pot of crow for you to eat on your "Cold Day in Hell."

GO VOLS.

VN Store

Back