SEC Women's Tournament

Arkansas did beat Tennesee in Knoxville. That could end up being a factor in who gets selected.

A 17-0 run to end the game. Wow

That run was textbook substitution as well. He hockey style subbed every two minutes for the first 6-7 minutes of that quarter. Kept fresh legs and fresh minds out there on defense and they got the necessary stops. Also helped manage Dungee’s foul trouble with a little offense/defense subbing. Then let his best 5 players finish it out and secure the game. He made it a game plan and the players made it work.

Holly could never, she puts in the first person who’s name enters her brain. No strategy at all.

Arkansas did beat Tennesee in Knoxville. That could end up being a factor in who gets selected.

I believe Arkansas RPI is simply just too low. They didn’t play a tough enough out of conference schedule and losing 8 of 9 to finish SEC play killed them.

We were their best win of the whole season, and unfortunately a win over us this year didn’t help them out too much.

I believe Arkansas RPI is simply just too low. They didn’t play a tough enough out of conference schedule and losing 8 of 9 to finish SEC play killed them.

We were their best win of the whole season, and unfortunately a win over us this year didn’t help them out too much.
Thanks for the explanation. Concerning other conference tournaments, if a team wins the tournament that otherwise would not be in the tournament, would Tennessee be the first one out? Looks like there are a few of those possibilities left.

It’s refreshing to see the connection between him and his players. Unlike Tennessee players who look like they have no interest in talking to Holly.

100% agree about the connection concerning AR.
Loved what bit they showed of his timeouts... breaking it down simply to his players and exuding confidence they can get it done.
He's a coach who will draw more big time players especially when players reflect back to him coaching Plum.
Fulmer needs to make the change soon because the conference is only going to get tougher. Holly is so out of her league in this conference and so is N. Fargas.

Thanks for the explanation. Concerning other conference tournaments, if a team wins the tournament that otherwise would not be in the tournament, would Tennessee be the first one out? Looks like there are a few of those possibilities left.

I don’t think so, other bubble teams like Buffalo and Indiana also lost in the quarters/semis of their tournaments which helps us. They are in lower RPI conferences so are unlikely to get an at large bid without having made at least the finals of their respective tournaments. West Virginia also lost in the Big-12 and they were a bubble team as well. Our loss to MSST is a better loss than their loss to Kansas State.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Arkansas also making our loss to them not as “bad” by beating both SC and A&M. Moves them up in RPI and softens the blow from that loss.

Not so fast. Wes Neighbors has the lady hogs believing, & that Dungee girl is good. Should be a good championship game.

Mississippi State will be a better match-up for her as well I believe. She’s more physical than both Holmes and Danberry, will be able to take them to the rim and get fouled like she did the first two nights.

If you can find the rim behind Tierra that is lol.

Tonight that girl defending her was very physical and did so without fouling. She did a heck of a job and Dungee still had 17.

I don’t think so, other bubble teams like Buffalo and Indiana also lost in the quarters/semis of their tournaments which helps us. They are in lower RPI conferences so are unlikely to get an at large bid without having made at least the finals of their respective tournaments. West Virginia also lost in the Big-12 and they were a bubble team as well. Our loss to MSST is a better loss than their loss to Kansas State.
I guess an example like if Missouri state won their tournament would their conference get drake plus Missouri state in and take one of the last projected 4 in out?

I guess an example like if Missouri state won their tournament would their conference get drake plus Missouri state in and take one of the last projected 4 in out?

Yes in that particular scenario I think that Drake would get an at large bid. I think with the other bubble teams around us in potential seeding losing as well we are safely in.

Last edited:
Arkansas' RPI is too low. They moved up 20 and are still at 77 RPI. UT is at 58 RPI and 33 SOS to Arky's 59. Arky would have to win the SECT to get the automatic bid. Creme said the LVs are in, even if the Missouri Valley Conference has an upset and Drake takes an at-large bid.

Texas just did us a huge favor hanging on and beating TCU. Creme had them projected last team in the field. Likely out with a quarterfinal loss now.

The tournament has been fun to watch. Especially those kids from Arkansas. No matter who your favorite team is, you have to admit, those “Lady Hogs” deserve to be in the championship game tomorrow. IMO, they will probably lose by 20 or so because their championship was beating South Carolina and A&M!!

On another note, I’ve decided that the best all around basketball player in the country is unquestionably Anriel Howard. Watch her...not just when she has the ball but watch her every move. She is a beast!! Nobody, and I do mean nobody, plays like her. With Howard and Big T, Ms. State should win the championship rather easily.

I'll just go head and say it...... I think Sophie gets a reputation for being a dirty player because she is white. Most players aren't used to a white basketball player playing physical and with an attitude....I don't think Sophie as a dirty player. I wish our Lady Vols played with the same attitude and physicality as Sophie.

:rolleyes:
Draymond Green.

I'll just go head and say it...... I think Sophie gets a reputation for being a dirty player because she is white. Most players aren't used to a white basketball player playing physical and with an attitude....I don't think Sophie as a dirty player. I wish our Lady Vols played with the same attitude and physicality as Sophie.
Or it’s just because she is dirty. You can be physical and play with an edge regardless of race and never be called dirty. She is called dirty because she is dirty. I guess people call Grayson Allen dirty because he’s white too. 🙄🙄🙄

Arkansas only path to the NCAA tourney is to win today. They do not have the rpi or sos to get in otherwise. Even if they lose today were not out of the woods gonna be a very close call on Tennessee. However were definitely out if Arkansas wins the game today.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back