SEC Women’s Tournament 2022

VolBall09

Really like where we sit. Glad to be opposite South Carolina for obvious reasons. Really hope we get another shot at either Alabama or Auburn. Those are both games you know this team wants back and I think they would be super fired up.

UGA is an enigma at this point. Hard to tell if they are coming or going most days. I maintain they are poorly coached. I think Joni is an awesome person, good recruiter and motivator. Don’t see the next level improvement or consistency out of her players IMO. I would say Kellie has done a much finer job with less this season. We played more than half our games without at least one of our stars. This team consistently found ways to overcome adversity. Hope they continue to do so.

Third season starts now. IT’S POST SEAOSN BABY!!!

Last edited:
I am BEYOND miserable to report I will not be present at the SEC Tournament this year. 😢Too many things going on, beyond my control, will keep me away, and I am devastated.

So please, as silly as this may sound, if you're up to it, feel free to tack "LVOCD Hopes LVs play their best" onto the end of whatever kind thoughts you have to give going forward. :)

This is why getting the byes are so important. If we play Auburn or Alabama, it would be their third game in three days, it would be Georgia’s second game in two days.

Don’t think any team will be easy to beat, but no team scares me.

We’ll need lots of strength, endurance, and energy to play the type of defense we’ll need to play to win. Gotta start sharp.

GO LADY VOLS!

All I will say about the SEC Tourney and the NCAA going forward is that if I you are Lady Vol fan I would lower my expectations for the rest of the season. Key injuries to major players has decimated the team and we struggle to score points and that will probably continue. Before yesterday when we held a team below sixty points we were undefeated and suddenly holding a team below that level is suddenly not enough. Losing Green hurt enough, but losing Horston was a huge blow especially with Burrell only playing at 70 percent of her past ability. I hope we do well, but this team has lost more than most teams can bare and we'll see if they can overcome that and win some games going forward.

All I will say about the SEC Tourney and the NCAA going forward is that if I you are Lady Vol fan I would lower my expectations for the rest of the season. Key injuries to major players has decimated the team and we struggle to score points and that will probably continue. Before yesterday when we held a team below sixty points we were undefeated and suddenly holding a team below that level is suddenly not enough. Losing Green hurt enough, but losing Horston was a huge blow especially with Burrell only playing at 70 percent of her past ability. I hope we do well, but this team has lost more than most teams can bare and we'll see if they can overcome that and win some games going forward.

Absolutely injuries impact a team's ability to go very far in the tournament. However, this team has such poor fundamentals and drive that it probably doesn't matter anyway. Even second and third string players should be able to put forth effort, not make lazy passes, hustle, box out for rebounds, shoot the ball instead of just throwing it at the basket, etc.

VN Store

Back