SEC Tourney tickets??

kkep48

PirateVol
I was looking for SEC Tournament tickets... anyone have any or know how to get them without purchasing the entire book?

I was looking for SEC Tournament tickets... anyone have any or know how to get them without purchasing the entire book?
Apparently if you don't want to buy a whole book, you'll need to purchase them online from a ticket reseller. Session 2 tickets get you into the 3rd and 4th games on Thursday.

Google "SEC Tournament Tickets" and a ton of ticket reseller sites will pull up.

ahh ok, thanks... have you ever been to the SEC Tourney? I was thinking about waiting to see if they won on Thursday and go down on Friday and try to find someone from another team trying to sell off their tickets if they lost (from the game before UT's). Think that would work??

ahh ok, thanks... have you ever been to the SEC Tourney? I was thinking about waiting to see if they won on Thursday and go down on Friday and try to find someone from another team trying to sell off their tickets if they lost (from the game before UT's). Think that would work??
I just purchased my Thursday ticket on StubHub, but provided we beat LSU, a buddy and I are going to try and pick some up the day of on Friday. He's done that before and claims that for the Thursday and Friday games, it's very easy to do.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I have heard that you can find alot of tickets after the first session on Thursday from the fans of the two teams that lost.

that's what i've been thinking... i can't go to the LSU game but if we win that game, I am going down and was just gonna try to pick one up the afternoon of the game. The loser of the Florida game before us will certainly be trying to sell their tickets unless they want to stick around so, surely there will be some available at a pretty decent price?..

The scalping situation in atlanta is very hairy. You can only legally by from the guys with permits. They buy cheap and sell high. You can still find tickets from non-permitted scalpers but the cops will get pissed if they catch you. Good luck.

The scalping situation in atlanta is very hairy. You can only legally by from the guys with permits. They buy cheap and sell high. You can still find tickets from non-permitted scalpers but the cops will get pissed if they catch you. Good luck.
I'm probably going to bring a little bit of extra cash to the game, because if we beat LSU, I'm sure there will be some folks wanting to offload tickets for Friday's session.

The scalping situation in atlanta is very hairy.

I was just about to post the same thing. You can get tickets outside, but be very, very careful. I've seen cops actually arrest guys for scalping.

has anyone been to the SEC Tournament and tried to buy tickets from a scalper? What are the prices?

Why should I be careful if I am the one buying the tickets? You can't get arrest from buying from a scalper, just selling right?

Why should I be careful if I am the one buying the tickets? You can't get arrest from buying from a scalper, just selling right?
Here's what I found doing a search online:

"Ticket scalping was legalized in 2001 by the Georgia Legislature so long as the sale occurs at least 1,500 feet away from the event site (be aware that this provision is rigidly enforced)." "The law does not restrict the prices of scalped tickets as long as they are sold by a licensed ticket broker. In years past, fraudulent tickets have been discovered, so be careful when buying."

Georgia:

• Requires ticket resellers to be registered
• Prohibits anyone other than a registered ticket broker from selling a ticket for more than face value plus $ 3 service charge, unless the event sponsor authorizes a higher amount
• Authorizes an event sponsor to restrict purchaser's ability to resell a ticket
• Sets standards for registered ticket brokers, including (1) maintaining a permanent office in-state, (2) paying a $ 500 annual registration fee, and (3) disclosing its refund policy
• Allows brokers to sell tickets at their permanent offices or through the Internet
• Prohibits ticket brokers from (1) hiring employees to buy tickets to future events, (2) acquiring more than 1% of the tickets to any event
• Establishes other requirements, including ticket refund if event is cancelled
• Prohibits reselling within 1,500 feet of venues with a seating capacity under 15,000 and within 2,700 feet of larger venues
• Allows original purchasers of tickets for personal use to resell for any price except within the 1,500 foot or 2,700 foot buffer zones
• Allows charities to resell tickets as a fundraising activity without registering or being subject to price limits
• Allows event sponsors to permit ticket reselling within the buffer zones (Ga. Code §§ 43-4B-25 to 43-4B-31)

ok, thank you, so basically I can buy from anyone other than a "registered broker" and it has to be for face value, and this is strictly enforced according to some others who have posted on here...

i heard on a knoxville sports talk show today that some people have shown up at the arena the day of the game for the SEC Tourney and found a ticket for $10 so... who knows..

When I have been down to Atlanta for the past couple of Peach Bowls:banghead2: the popular place to buy/sell tickets is in the foodcourt at the CNN Center and the area outside.

ok, thank you, so basically I can buy from anyone other than a "registered broker" and it has to be for face value, and this is strictly enforced according to some others who have posted on here...

i heard on a knoxville sports talk show today that some people have shown up at the arena the day of the game for the SEC Tourney and found a ticket for $10 so... who knows..

I've told this story before and I wouldn't advise anybody to try this but . . . I went down to the SEC tournament 3-4 years ago without a ticket and saw a couple of guys get hauled off for scalping, so I thought my chances were pretty grim. Then all of a sudden a guy walks up and offers me tickets for face value, but didn't want to get paid until we got inside. So I followed him to the turnstile where the ticket taker advised that I had a ticket for the wrong session. I looked up and the guy that gave me the ticket was long gone. None of this made any sense to me since I hadn't actually given anybody any money. Then the ticket taker said "Tell you what. You go back over there and then come back through the line and hand me the ticket with $20 behind it and I'll let you in."

The ticket taker was in cohoots with the other guy who was handing out unused tickets to a prior session :wacko: which didn't really bother me because I got in for $20 and there were about 5,000 empty seats for the early round games that Kentucky wasn't involved in.

I've told this story before and I wouldn't advise anybody to try this but . . . I went down to the SEC tournament 3-4 years ago without a ticket and saw a couple of guys get hauled off for scalping, so I thought my chances were pretty grim. Then all of a sudden a guy walks up and offers me tickets for face value, but didn't want to get paid until we got inside. So I followed him to the turnstile where the ticket taker advised that I had a ticket for the wrong session. I looked up and the guy that gave me the ticket was long gone. None of this made any sense to me since I hadn't actually given anybody any money. Then the ticket taker said "Tell you what. You go back over there and then come back through the line and hand me the ticket with $20 behind it and I'll let you in."

The ticket taker was in cohoots with the other guy who was handing out unused tickets to a prior session :wacko: which didn't really bother me because I got in for $20 and there were about 5,000 empty seats for the early round games that Kentucky wasn't involved in.

I feel safer travelling to Atlanta knowing that the police have the ticket scalpers under control. Thats what I usually worried about when I travelled to Atlanta, being taken advantage of by a ticket scalper.

wow, what a story. i'll def. be on the lookout down there then, not sure i'm gonna try that though lol.

I feel safer travelling to Atlanta knowing that the police have the ticket scalpers under control. Thats what I usually worried about when I travelled to Atlanta, being taken advantage of by a ticket scalper.

My sentiments exactly.

When I have been down to Atlanta for the past couple of Peach Bowls:banghead2: the popular place to buy/sell tickets is in the foodcourt at the CNN Center and the area outside.
The food court in the CNN Center is also the best place to get likkered up before sporting events at Phillips Arena or the Dome. You can get 32oz beers there for like $5 or $6.

how far is the CNN Center from the GA Dome? Isn't the CNN Center beside Phillips Arena?

how far is the CNN Center from the GA Dome? Isn't the CNN Center beside Phillips Arena?
Yes. The CNN Center adjoins Phillips Arena. However, the Dome is within quick walking distance.

To put things in perspective, if you take MARTA to the Georgia Dome station, that same station serves Phillips Arena and the CNN Center, among others.

wow, ok thanks, not far at all... if UT indeed beats LSU on Thursday then I'm gonna be heading down and try to find a ticket on Friday from someone.. hopefully we'll have a lot of orange in the Georgia Dome this weekend.

CNN is the devil. Listen to the propaganda that FOX spits out.....that is all.

Phillips Arena and the CNN Center are connected if I am not mistaken. The CNN Center is not far at all from the Georgia Dome.

VN Store

Back