SEC Tournament Thread

I think we're locked into a 2 seed now and not much can change that either way. I hope the team is loose... I really like our chances in Nashville to win the thing.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’m just looking for some compelling argument about why it’s a better matchup - which considering MSU is better than those teams would have to be that much more of a better matchup to rather play them instead.
I’m with you, I don’t like playing state first game. I think it will be a very tough game.

One of my hopes is that We still have legs under us when playing either war eagle or cocks come Sunday !

Yeah I don’t like how it sets up for us at all... hard to believe after the year we had this is where we end up.. MSU as our first game will not be easy, then probably Kentucky and LSU? Seems like one of the harder paths to the champ we’ve had in a while. Oh well.
Not too worried about LSU.

I think we're locked into a 2 seed now and not much can change that either way. I hope the team is loose... I really like our chances in Nashville to win the thing.
Solid 2 now, but if we lose other teams could bump us down like Texas Tech, Michigan or even LSU.

Yeah, where we have problems is with teams that have really quick guards that can drive to the basket, (Harper, Waters, Smart)
I didn’t think Harper was really a problem for us. Brown and Okeke were. We haven’t played against smart. I think mostly we have problems w teams that shoot the 3 well

Will be I terstimg to see if Naz still has “concussion” going into sect. If he does, I think it’s pretty easy to assume something else going on.

The way the media is pushing, they won’t allow UT a 1 seed, even if that means winning the SEC Tournament and beating UK along the way.

The way the media is pushing, they won’t allow UT a 1 seed, even if that means winning the SEC Tournament and beating UK along the way.
Fortunately Duke and UNC are on the same side of the ACC bracket. I’d have to think the loser is a 2 seed. Barring someone other than UT/UK or Michigan/Michigan St winning their conference tournaments

LSU's turmoil will catch up with them. I wouldn't even be surprised if they lose their first game.
They can play as hard as they want...it’s all for naught. FBI has tapes...coach ain’t taking to LSU admin. He’s toast and there’s no way to avoid...following the money pretty easy if they are guilty. Wins will be vacated but shame of it is Smart had 5 ponts, 5 rebounds and played 29 minutes against UT...they won their title at the expense of UT doing things right. The fans venting on AD, and the black cloud coming their way has all the makings of a lot of dysfunction coming their way.

Auburn has a strong chance to make it to the final. I see Florida upsetting LSU and Auburn beating Florida to get there. As far as our path, we were going to end up playing Kentucky in the semis either way but I like our matchup vs Miss St better than Ole Miss so I think we kinda lucked out on that one.

We beat MissSt, Kentucky and Auburn/LSU enroute to an SEC tourney title, we are a #1 seed. Gonzaga is set. No way in that scenario 3 ACC schools get #1. Mich St would be next but resume vs resume (assuming we sweep the tourney) we are better in Quality wins and losses.

We beat MissSt, Kentucky and Auburn/LSU enroute to an SEC tourney title, we are a #1 seed. Gonzaga is set. No way in that scenario 3 ACC schools get #1. Mich St would be next but resume vs resume (assuming we sweep the tourney) we are better in Quality wins and losses.
I think there’s really only 1 spot left on the 1 line. UVA, Gonzaga, and Duke/UNC will be 1 seedsZ The last spot is between Duke/UNC, UK/UT, or UM/MSU.

Fortunately Duke and UNC are on the same side of the ACC bracket. I’d have to think the loser is a 2 seed. Barring someone other than UT/UK or Michigan/Michigan St winning their conference tournaments

Michigan State is confusing. They will get a higher seed than people think they'll deserve because they constantly show up in big games. Izzo is a legend in March.

It would be very difficult to put all 3 ACC schools in at #1. Only one can win the tourney and Duke or UNC will loose in the semis. Hard to see either of them as the last 1 seed in that scenario, assuming that at least one team between UT,UK,Mich, Mich St makes it to the conference finals.

Question though. Besides playing a 16 seed, would you rather be a 1 seed out west (best 2 seed in bracket), or a 2 seed in the south (ACC team in bracket)? Just a thought.

None of the 1s or 2s really scare me, but I did watch Duke-UNC Sat. Both looked better than we have as of late.

If UK/UT wins SEC Tourney, they may grab last 1 (2 seeds if not). If LSU wins, I think they are a 2 seed (3 if not). Or... I can see the SEC getting screwed and ends up with two 2 seeds and a 3 seed.
1- Gonzaga, UVA, UNC, Duke
2-Tennessee, Kentucky, Mich St/Mich, Texas Tech
3-LSU, Mich St/Mich, Purdue, Houston

Last edited:
I'll believe Tennessee wins the tournament when it actually happens. I've been down this road too many times.
This is what they’ve worked for, for years, to hang a banner that will be seen forever. That’s what they said. They’ve proven they’re strong enough and capable enough to do it! It’s finally here, within their grasp, and they can reach out and grab it. Win 3 games, and they can get what they, and all of us who have appreciated them for so long want. Then go after your next goal, an ncaa banner. You have thousands of fans you’ll never meet, but know we’re cheering you! GO VOLS!!!

So far not many #1 seeds have won their conf tournaments -- sure hope things don't get crazy in the SEC T

1 question comes to mind is why is Kentucky the second seed and Tennessee the third when both teams lost to LSU and split with each other? Thanks for any information.

VN Store

Back