SEC Tournament Game Thread: (3) Lady Vols vs. (2) South Carolina

like what I said Sarah Ashlee Baker is Tess Darby with more playing time and no shin splits...I am 100% sure Sara and Striplin will be MUCH better

1000% sure WBK....

The offensive post play, for other than a few games, has been atrocious...I imagine close to 60 or more bunnies, have been missed this season alone by the combination of KK & Key....

They both have no reliable outside shot of 12-15 feet...This offensive deficiency has allowed the opponents defense to double up on our guards and wear them the hell out...(See yesterday...Davis and Burrell were exhausted)

KK and Key have played decent defense, but unfortunately, they draw penalty whistles like pretty girls at a construction site...

Striplin and Puckett will go along ways to bringing us back to the top...Our posts will be constant scorers again, instead of an occasional score...

By the way, as our new girls score at will, Key will find she will be open for many uncontested shots.

It's going to be great!

1000% sure WBK....

The offensive post play, for other than a few games, has been atrocious...I imagine close to 60 or more bunnies, have been missed this season alone by the combination of KK & Key....

They both have no reliable outside shot of 12-15 feet...This offensive deficiency has allowed the opponents defense to double up on our guards and wear them the hell out...(See yesterday...Davis and Burrell were exhausted)

KK and Key have played decent defense, but unfortunately, they draw penalty whistles like pretty girls at a construction site...

Striplin and Puckett will go along ways to bringing us back to the top...Our posts will be constant scorers again, instead of an occasional score...

By the way, as our new girls score at will, Key will find she will be open for many uncontested shots.

It's going to be great!
Aliyah Boston a post player hit 2 costly 3's against us yesterday is why I CANNOT wait for Striplin to arrive here

South Carolina is the best team in the conference, so the loss isn't so disappointing. What's disappointing is how the team was blown out of the gym.

I keep hearing tales of Kellie's teams improving through the season and peaking in March, and yet for the second year in a row her team has gotten its ass kicked in the SEC tournament...

Reactions: mcannon1 and Tnphil
South Carolina is the best team in the conference, so the loss isn't so disappointing. What's disappointing is how the team was blown out of the gym.

I keep hearing tales of Kellie's teams improving through the season and peaking in March, and yet for the second year in a row her team has gotten its ass kicked in the SEC tournament...

Hello sunshine,,,love your positivity and optimism
Come by anytime and troll OUR team

The difference and i have been to many AAU games is Sarah Ashlee Barker very athletic and can jump and has skills. Sara and Striplin don`t have that. Look at the film on all three and you will see. Now with that said i`m not saying Sara and Striplin can`t play in the SEC or compete.
Yes they will be backups at best in the SEC

It’s funny how you forget to leave out TN hasn’t even been to the Semifinals to get their ass kicked since 2016... 😂 i guess getting to the next round isn’t improvement 🤔

Agree about USC being the best SEC team ! I enjoy how competitive the SEC is this year .... for the years before Kellie we had AA players and how painful those 6 or 7 years were to watch ! Now I look forward to watching again .... In Kellie’s first year we won when we were supposed to ( no multiple Alabama losses and even to Vandy ). I can’t count how many NEGATIVE RECORDS were set in those days !
This year we are winning games that we are supposed to get beat but winning anyway. We beat the number one team and lost to number two by a couple of points (SEC) regular season . Did we not have a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC!!! Games postponed, weeks without team practice and some players missing games because of injury or COVID PROTOCOLS! We are lucky to even play ....
Tournaments expose team weakness and conditioning will get most teams that’s why the bye games are so important. The semifinals were against the # 1,2,3,4, teams and we were one of them ! How many SEC TEAMS are there ????? We were third out of all of the SEC TEAMS !!!!! In the NCAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT I believe our one and two teams will be seated as a one seed ? And everyone knows we can compete with them . Maybe not so good if we had to play them within 24 hours of playing another team ? Just Saying!
I have heard we have a pretty good recruiting class coming next year and top recruits already committing! If some people are having trouble seeing progress , I can’t help you ...... I am pessimistic myself and things are looking pretty good to me ! 🤷‍♂️

I`m not gonna dispute that but we are talking about basketball it`s all good.

I cannot wait for you to eat your words about Puckett and Striplin...they will be ready to go....no idea what film you're watching or where you're getting your info from but living in Alabama I've seen both....They're tremendous in the game of basketball both have very high IQ's and are workers

Yes they will be backups at best in the SEC

We definitely have back up players on the team . And everyone knows their names . Obviously you have not read the stories about these recruits coming in 21 ? Their families involvement in their basketball lives . The coaches and help they are getting to improve their skills and knowledge. They will contribute sooner rather than later ! We have players this year that started immediately (Rennia) and players that took a year to help (Rae) and others that took 3-4 years to play well (KK). But these 21 recruits will play big roles almost immediately! JMO.
Miles will be slower because of the PG position in college. Not something that happens easily. Ask anyone that has played point before...... That includes myself .... you can’t come straight out of high school and play point guard in college! Unless you go to Uconn! 😁

The LVs were blown out of the gym in the first quarter, 29-13. They outscored SC by 1 point for the remainder of the game, 39-38. I believe the slow start and poor shooting was a holdover from the comeback in the Ole Miss game. Kellie knows she has get the LVs to perform similar to the Pat Summitt era or she will experience the same fate as Warlick. Give her 2 or 3 more years and she will have the LVs winning the SEC regular season and the SEC tournament.

I cannot wait for you to eat your words about Puckett and Striplin...they will be ready to go....no idea what film you're watching or where you're getting your info from but living in Alabama I've seen both....They're tremendous in the game of basketball both have very high IQ's and are workers

One i was born and raised in the south, Two until you have travel the country watching other players your argument weak.

South Carolina is the best team in the conference

No, they're not. What they are is the SEC home office selection to get a #1 seed. There are at least four SEC teams capable of getting to the final 4. What is going to be a huge chicken obstacle is when they run up against unbiased officiating. I would not be surprised to see them exit early in that case.

Reactions: volfan__18
No, they're not. What they are is the SEC home office selection to get a #1 seed. There are at least four SEC teams capable of getting to the final 4. What is going to be a huge chicken obstacle is when they run up against unbiased officiating. I would not be surprised to see them exit early in that case.

If you say so Mulder. Nevertheless, South Carolina is easily the most talented team in the conference...

VN Store

Back