SEC Tournament Game Thread: (3) Lady Vols vs. (2) South Carolina

Memvol44: You are one of just a few that has put up the yellow flag. Striplin is 6-2 and has had a fantastic career on the HS level, Making the move to the next level will not be easy for her also remember the SEC is loadded. And with the lack of depth on our roster she will play and could play a lot we don`t know my guess Kellie is that will hit the portal very hard .

After two years, we do know Kellie likes to play everyone early and, if possible, often. I expect all our freshmen will get ample game minutes to help in their development. As you noted, breaking into the SEC from high school is hard so expect a learning curve. Hopefully it will be steep.

Elite Eight would be incredible for this team. I would be very happy if we could make it to the Sweet 16. I truly think this team has the pieces it needs to go even further but we don’t have a bench so I’m hesistant to say we could make a Final Four run. Usually have to have some semblance of a bench for that to happen. Really going to depend on the matchups we get in seeding. I have a feeling they will stick us in a bracket where we will meet another SEC team in the Sweet 16 probably UGA or Kentucky which is annoying.

I think, in theory, the brackets are supposed to be set up so you can't meet a conference opponent until the Elite 8.

She does and this is where Puckett will bring something to the table,,,she is a Rottweiler!

Miles AAU coach used that term to describe her often...I have seen it in spurts.

Coach: had a chance to see 2022 6-3 Ashlyn Watkins explosive the real deal. Will be going to checkout pg 2022 Paris Clark she is a baller there season was cancelled but she will be in a showcase talent tournament with other elite players from around the country.

After two years, we do know Kellie likes to play everyone early and, if possible, often. I expect all our freshmen will get ample game minutes to help in their development. As you noted, breaking into the SEC from high school is hard so expect a learning curve. Hopefully it will be steep.

Excellent post thanks for putting a spotlight on SEC play and the freshmen coming in.

We can match up against any team in the country it`s just that we need to play smarter basketball. I notice we push the ball even when we don`t have numbers Rae, Walker and Horston and that drives me crazy because most of the time it leads to a turnover. If we have the number i`m all for it push the ball.

I think she had them pushing it like that so teams couldn’t set up full court or 3/4 traps/press. If we get trapped bringing it up it’s a turnover about every time. Teams have been trying to run two at our ball handler and force quick turnovers before we get it up.

Coach: had a chance to see 2022 6-3 Ashlyn Watkins explosive the real deal. Will be going to checkout pg 2022 Paris Clark she is a baller there season was cancelled but she will be in a showcase talent tournament with other elite players from around the country.
keep me informed if she plays in Atlanta, or near Knoxville,,,that is my stomping grounds

This is not sour grapes, but, SC defense did not win the game for them. The LVs close game with Ole Miss won the game for them. The LVs were exhausted from the comeback win and had nothing left for the SC game. I know this sound like an excuse but this is what happened.

it was pretty bad,,,worse than the last game....gonna take some "cachungas" to do what you have to do to get the zebras to call it fair.

Jordan rules for a game like that,,,it was obvious that the refs had bias most of the game and only called it even when we were down double digits,,,and then called it lopsided when we started to get back in it

There is a time for coaches to fight and let their troops fight,,,,and that time is when you are getting punched

I don't fault Kellie,,,I just have a different approach

and I'm not saying go out and punch the other team,,,I am saying no layups without interference and if you are driving and someone is in your way, run over them and take the call...you're getting called anyway, make it count
Thanks.

Facts!! That AAU program is top notch!! Any girl coming from there will be ready for SEC play....see Sarah Ashlee Barker from UGA

The difference and i have been to many AAU games is Sarah Ashlee Barker very athletic and can jump and has skills. Sara and Striplin don`t have that. Look at the film on all three and you will see. Now with that said i`m not saying Sara and Striplin can`t play in the SEC or compete.

She looked a lot faster than earlier in the season, but still looks lost as to how to position herself a lot of the time.

She just wasn't very productive in this game. After all of the players who got minutes during the season who will never really help us, Emily could have used them more because she will be able to help us at some point.

She has a perfect build to do exactly what you say if she could get a feel for the game and it would slow down for her. Getting your first significant minutes against a top five team in a high pace game like this one is not conducive to getting good production.
AMEN

The difference and i have been to many AAU games is Sarah Ashlee Barker very athletic and can jump and has skills. Sara and Striplin don`t have that. Look at the film on all three and you will see. Now with that said i`m not saying Sara and Striplin can`t play in the SEC or compete.

Puckett and Striplin play multiple sports....they're athletic

Your talking about a girl shooting 33 percent from the field 27 from the three and 55 from the free throw line. Averaging 5 ppg in 17 minutes. If Sara and Karoline can't beat that we'll be in deep trouble.

Your talking about a girl shooting 33 percent from the field 27 from the three and 55 from the free throw line. Averaging 5 ppg in 17 minutes. If Sara and Karoline can't beat that we'll be in deep trouble.
like I said Sarah Ashlee Baker is Tess Darby with more playing time and no shin splits...I am 100% sure Sara and Striplin will be MUCH better

Last edited:
SEC officiating in WBB has been terrible for yrs and SEC has done nothing about it so no hope it will get any better. Seems like if you can't officiate men's games or AAU games then you get dumped onto the SEC women's BB for training. Sad.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
5498858-0-image-a-59_1540731371096.jpg

VN Store

Back