SEC Title game

It's only been 22 years. The Vast majority of UT students were either not born, or were toddlers when we won the last one, for this generation, you don't miss what you never had. Until we start planning and playing for SEC wins, we will never win an SEC Championship. For years the vast majority of the discussion (starting in the preseason) is "Will we make a bowl?"(don't forget over the last 22 years, there has been a lot of extra bowls added) That is our default goal. When was the last time (even on this board) do we hear or have serious discussions regarding what we need to do in order to win the SEC? sad
2016, and we know what happened there.

It's really not meant to be. But, I do think their chances are vastly improved in years when Alabama and Florida are at home compared to on the road.

Having said that, 2020 is too SOON. So, 2022 is the earliest that I think a legitate chance is there

That's the only word I saw there...

It's only been 22 years. The Vast majority of UT students were either not born, or were toddlers when we won the last one, for this generation, you don't miss what you never had. Until we start planning and playing for SEC wins, we will never win an SEC Championship. For years the vast majority of the discussion (starting in the preseason) is "Will we make a bowl?"(don't forget over the last 22 years, there has been a lot of extra bowls added) That is our default goal. When was the last time (even on this board) do we hear or have serious discussions regarding what we need to do in order to win the SEC? sad
Good points. Good thing we have a coach and an AD that are not only accustomed to winning SEC Championships, but also NCs. If you think about it, we have several other coaches who have won titles at some level.

While our fans are important, that thirst has to exist throughout the program from the top on down.

Reactions: I40flyer and tbh
You are correct, WE LOST. The championship was won was by LSU!! If you read my post, no where did I reference, going to and posting a big loss, but rather WINNING the SEC Championship. Please re-read my post, I never stated playing for and posting a loss. POST #5 of this very string!!!!

Yo I heard you like exclamation marks.

as far as this years title game.... I hope Georgia gets the Hob Nail boot spike right thru the forehead at the end of 6 overtimes. Just to give their heart that extra rip. Geau Tigers!

How could you hold your head up as a fan if you're afraid to play a team just because they are good. I don't understand the mentality at all.
Not afraid to play anyone. Just saying that the playing field should be level for all schools, especially if one is ranked in the top 2-3 teams in the SEC East and WEST. In fact , I would like to see the SEC expand to either 18 teams with 2 Divisions and play only the teams in your Division. Then you could have a SEC Championship game to determine for the Playoff team. There is reason for any one team to always the same team every year from the other Division as is the case in the current set up. If one wants to continue with 2 Division, expand the number of league games every year and eliminate the annual mandatory interdivisional game . I think Alabama will soon come back to the pack. They lost 2 games this year and could easily lose the SEC Championship this year. LSU Tennessee, or Georgia may become the dominate team in the SEC in the future.

If not for their starting QB going down Bama probably beats Auburn and is in the final 4 and maybe wins the NC again. They are a monster and will remain so. Unfortunately. It takes weird breaks to knock em out. Hopefully we start recruiting up to their level and can challenge them. What Bama needs is a big scandal of some kind...although that doesn't guarantee anything. Look at Penn State and how they survived and even have thrived since Sandusky. But something needs to happen to get them off their perch so that it isn't a guaranteed loss every year. I don't know what that would be.

VN Store

Back