SEC The SDS Top 25: Ranking the SEC's biggest moments from this decade

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/top-25-moments-decade-sec/

20. Protests torpedo Greg Schiano’s hiring as Tennessee head coach

The Volunteers and the Ohio State defensive coordinator had reached a memorandum of understanding for him to become head coach in late 2017 before the university reversed the field in the wake of campus protests against Schiano, who was an assistant at Penn State when fellow assistant Jerry Sandusky sexually abused children. Schiano denied knowing of Sandusky’s actions.

DPpZ8wtXcAAUhBQ.jpg

I can't believe The Dobbs Nail Boot didn't make the list.

Maybe its bias, but I feel like our Hail Mary was wayyy more of an "unbelievable" moment than the UF "Hail Mary" (Which was just a pass) against us.

It’s not just you , there are several videos on youtube that include it as one of the top plays but they usually include Georgia scoring on us , their crowd going nuts then the Hail Mary from us with time running off the clock to silence the crowd .

Reactions: Beagle Bill
Maybe its bias, but I feel like our Hail Mary was wayyy more of an "unbelievable" moment than the UF "Hail Mary" (Which was just a pass) against us.
Yeah, two prayer passes in 30 seconds for TD in a traditional rivalry game of traditional top SEC foes doesn't make the top 25, but UF does and Ole Miss/Ark does...typical.

Reactions: TennMan101
Agree the Dobbnail Boot should have been on there over the 4 win UF team beating the 4 win UT team via Fail Mary..

The LSU-UT 2010 game should have been included as well...

Maybe the Battle at Bristol as well just due to atmosphere/attendance

The top story should have been how 40 five stars, 40 four stars and 5 high three star scholly players and another 15 four star and high three star walkons at Alabama couldn't win the National Championship because they didn't have the likes of Coach Pruitt or Coach Smart on the staff.

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
The top story should have been how 40 five stars, 40 four stars and 5 high three star scholly players and another 15 four star and high three star walkons at Alabama couldn't win the National Championship because they didn't have the likes of Coach Pruitt or Coach Smart on the staff.

And yet they beat both Coach Pruitt and Coach Smart.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
It’s not just you , there are several videos on youtube that include it as one of the top plays but they usually include Georgia scoring on us , their crowd going nuts then the Hail Mary from us with time running off the clock to silence the crowd .

Exactly, in fact UGA scoring on us with the long pass before is what makes our Hail Mary even crazier. Forget top 25, easily a top 10 moment from this decade. And I'm sorry, Auburn's kick 6 should of been 1.

VN Store

Back