SEC Shorts

GTBATV

An interesting article on how they got started, etc. Most of it is behind the paywall if you aren't a subscriber. But I did quote the last paragraph below where they actually think we are the best fans about not taking it too seriously.

Inside ‘SEC Shorts,’ the college football video series that ‘just kind of writes itself’

As for which ones are the best and worst at taking a joke? They hate that question. But they’ll answer it anyway.

“The best sense of humor is Tennessee fans,” Snead said. “We make fun of Tennessee half the season every year, and they all love it. They watch, share, and they’re in on the joke and cool with it. Auburn fans? We’ve had a couple videos like the Auburn Fansatol and Auburn roller coaster video. They love ones where you’re commiserating like, ‘Isn’t it crazy to be an Auburn fan?’ They’re cool with that. But if you’re like, ‘Hey, your offensive line isn’t so good,’ they’re like, ‘I’ll kill you and everyone you know.’”

I was looking at it from being the “cool kids stand point” .

Auburn (and Clemson) fans have always been sore losers. Several Auburn fans were trying to pick fights outside Neyland after their 1975 loss in which Larry Seivers made the go-ahead catch that won the game. They were complete jerks.
wow. I did not know this. This was the first game I ever attended and remember that catch by Seivers over the two defenders. I was 12 so I didnt pay attention to the opposing fans

wow. I did not know this. This was the first game I ever attended and remember that catch by Seivers over the two defenders. I was 12 so I didnt pay attention to the opposing fans
I thought that Sievers catch was against Clemson.

Auburn (and Clemson) fans have always been sore losers. Several Auburn fans were trying to pick fights outside Neyland after their 1975 loss in which Larry Seivers made the go-ahead catch that won the game. They were complete jerks.

My son and I are working on visiting all of the SEC stadiums. We were at the last win at Auburn with Pruitt as coach. Out of all the fans they were absolutely the best. My son even commented on how nice the fans acted after losing. Small sample size but South Carolina has been the worst experience for us so far with Georgia right there with them.

Fan bases are all the same. It's funny when one tries to claim they are somehow different or superior.

Except for Penn State. No other fan base has rioted to protect the head of a program amid such horrible revelations.

Fan bases are all the same. It's funny when one tries to claim they are somehow different or superior.

Disagree

Go to a game st Neyland whne UGA is in town.

Go to a game at Neyland when any other fan base is in town.

You will more thank likely habe a different opinion.

My son and I are working on visiting all of the SEC stadiums. We were at the last win at Auburn with Pruitt as coach. Out of all the fans they were absolutely the best. My son even commented on how nice the fans acted after losing. Small sample size but South Carolina has been the worst experience for us so far with Georgia right there with them.
USCjr fans are the worst by far IMO

VN Store

Back