SEC replacement team

IF an SEC school left, who would yall like to see most to replace them?

• Total voters
Originally posted by U-T@Aug 14, 2005 9:58 PM
No offense....but USM, UAB, or Memphis joining the SEC is a complete joke.
[snapback]126699[/snapback]​

Well... I'm not sure why you would say that. Each of those teams have beaten more than one SEC team. I'd also venture to bet that most people would agree that Memphis, USM, and Memphis are if not better, pretty comparable to some of the lower-level SEC teams.

Originally posted by Blazer85@Aug 14, 2005 11:11 PM
Each of those teams have beaten more than one SEC team.

Maine beat MSU last year. Maybe we should ask them to join as the replacement

Originally posted by U-T@Aug 14, 2005 10:20 PM
Maine beat MSU last year. Maybe we should ask them to join as the replacement
[snapback]126709[/snapback]​

You might have a point if Maine had beaten MORE than one SEC team like I said. Lots of schools have been 1 SEC school, but these schools have all beaten several and been close in many other games. Each of the schools also have growing fan bases.

UAB has won 8+ games how many times in their history again?

SEC Football team?

Good lord, is this a joke?

Blazer it might help if you gave us some stats of how many times these teams have beaten an SEC team in the last 10 years.

I know one thing, we have OWNED Ole Miss 2 years in a row (although that's not too big of an accomplishment). And Arkansas won't play us anymore after we beat them a couple of times, Miss St. got scared too, but we might play them in the future. TN does deserve some credit that you play us, because Miss. and Miss. St. are scared of USM, Arkansas won't play Ark. State, and Auburn and Alabama won't even return UAB's phone calls. I think I read somewhere that Memphis has more SEC wins than Vanderbilt has had in the past 5 or 10 years, but I'm not positive on that.

And there are rumors that Miss. St. may be trying to buy out of their contract with UAB. UGA has been hesitant to reschedule us after the scare we gave them two years ago.

Originally posted by Blazer85@Aug 14, 2005 11:42 PM
UGA has been hesitant to reschedule us after the scare we gave them two years ago.

Is this like the new motto that non-BCS conference teams use whenever big teams decide to play others? They are scared?

Can I have some proof of that statement or are you just mad that they decided to schedule Arizona State, Boise State, and Colorado in future years?

Buddy of mine went to Troy and he swears UT and others won't play them because they are "scared"....it's like....no, we just want to play the Notre Dame's of this world instead of you all.

Originally posted by GenNeyland9@Aug 8, 2005 1:36 PM
Georgia is a very good school academically, I think second in the rankings behind Vanderbilt as far as the SEC's concerned.
[snapback]123873[/snapback]​

UF is ranked a few spots higher but UGA is just about tied with them in my opinion academic reputation wise

Originally posted by GenNeyland9@Aug 5, 2005 3:34 PM
Man that'd be weird
[snapback]122160[/snapback]​

:crazy: There is no conceivable way that Notre Dame would even consider joining the SEC. Why would they move into a conference that would assure them 7 losses each year. Their heirarchy is not completely stupid and they know that "Touchdown Jesus" or 5 or 6 Notre Dame grads as referees each game could not save them from consecutive losing seasons.

Notre Dame in the SEC would be :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: for those claiming them as their alma mater!!!!

My bet would be Clemson or Louisville when in fact Florida State or Georgia Tech should be in the SEC.

VN Store

Back