SEC Records since expansion

If you thought things were gonna be better by getting rid of Fulmer, Cutcliffe and Chavis after their success then you don't know sports. Our fringe lunatic fans think you can just snap your fingers and be better, doesn't work that way. Lots of sensible fans predicted exactly what would happen when our fringe NegaVols ran that staff out of town and it really wasn't that hard of a prediction to make!
blah, blah, blah "told you so"....lol. i like the double down.

Reactions: Behr
During that seven year stretch, Auburn was 1 game away from the playoff ('17) and 13 seconds away from winning a national championship ('13) and somehow only wound up .500 in conference play. That is crazy.
Spoken like a true Bama fan .. which is pretty hilarious BTW .. and the fact they have the same conference record over that span as Miss St and South Cackalacky is funny too

Only if we had players like Beattie Feathers to rescue us from the doldrums.....
You should put that in Blue font, unless you believe in trolls, it could have been you that started all of that for all I know. You're one of the NegaVols anyway so think what you want.

When you panic and fire coaches without a plan, this is what happens. Many fans saw this coming with Hamilton leading the way.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
just so i'm clear.......it boils down to something like this: it was this way most recently, so it be that way agian........ until it changes...?
You should have just told me from the beginning that you have no critical thinking skills. That would have made this a lot easier.

Ya know what, I’m on board. Tennessee is going 15-0 this year and no one will convince me otherwise.

so you're saying you believe they thought this would happen? lol.

no one that wanted Fulmer fired 12 years ago thought what happened would happen....and it certainly wasn't the plan.

and neither did you or anyone else that wanted him retained.

but nice 12 year old "told ya so".........lol.

There's a quote contributed by me (gatahata) from the early to mid 2000's somewhere on Gridscape that says "These are the good old days." Our fanbase in 2008 had seen 20 years of winning football. They were spoiled and the 30 somethings and younger didn't really remember any really bad times that lasted more than a year before the Vols were right back in a bowl.

However it worked out, we got a belly full of Karma I guess.

You should have just told me from the beginning that you have no critical thinking skills. That would have made this a lot easier.

Ya know what, I’m on board. Tennessee is going 15-0 this year and no one will convince me otherwise.
cool. as much critical thinking as "they have to find a way to break the cycle"? i mean that's deep stuff there.

There's a quote contributed by me (gatahata) from the early to mid 2000's somewhere on Gridscape that says "These are the good old days." Our fanbase in 2008 had seen 20 years of winning football. They were spoiled and the 30 somethings and younger didn't really remember any really bad times that lasted more than a year before the Vols were right back in a bowl.

However it worked out, we got a belly full of Karma I guess.
eh. i don't think it's karma or anything.

i think it is what it is.........and it's definitley way in the past. i've no idea why some folks haven't moved on, and are just so eager to dredge this stuff up again. i think by now, everyone would agree things didn't work out like we wanted lol. and inferring otherwise is just trolling. like there were folks out there that just "knew" what would happen........BS. nobody knew anything about what was going to happen.

the only 'truth' there is....is that nobody wanted what did happen the last 10 years.....

Reactions: Woke
Just let him Beat(tie) on that dead horse....

I'm looking forward to the future instead of dwelling on mistakes made over a decade ago.
yeah, if nothing else, we at least got some closure on the last decade with Fulmer being back, and the staff we have now. new beginning. hope is back.

we'll see how it turns out...........but i think there's legit reason to be optimistic right now.

so definitely don't get the need to live in that part of our history............time to freakin' move on.

If you thought things were gonna be better by getting rid of Fulmer, Cutcliffe and Chavis after their success then you don't know sports. Our fringe lunatic fans think you can just snap your fingers and be better, doesn't work that way. Lots of sensible fans predicted exactly what would happen when our fringe NegaVols ran that staff out of town and it really wasn't that hard of a prediction to make!
When was Cutcliff ran out of town?

Fulmers record likely wouldn't have been much better during that span with how recruiting had fallen off and Cutcliff wasnt coming back to save him.

When was Cutcliff ran out of town?

Fulmers record likely wouldn't have been much better during that span with how recruiting had fallen off and Cutcliff wasnt coming back to save him.
Kills me how a person takes something so out of context. When our fans and admins treated CPF the way they did, every decent coach we had and every decent coach in the country avoided us like the plague. It was one of those consequences that our brilliant minded NegaVols didn't count on. In essence, when we treated Fulmer like an idiot every decent coach in the country Xed us off their future destinations list. Coaching stability is a real thing I feel, and before you mention the cheating commies down in Tuscaloosa it's yet to be seen what happens to them after so much coaching turnover. Their defense has clearly gotten worse since Kirby and CJP have left. If we can keep our current staff together a few years I feel like we can have a successful football program the next few years.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Kills me how a person takes something so out of context. When our fans and admins treated CPF the way they did, every decent coach we had and every decent coach in the country avoided us like the plague. It was one of those consequences that our brilliant minded NegaVols didn't count on. In essence, when we treated Fulmer like an idiot every decent coach in the country Xed us off their future destinations list. Coaching stability is a real thing I feel, and before you mention the cheating commies down in Tuscaloosa it's yet to be seen what happens to them after so much coaching turnover. Their defense has clearly gotten worse since Kirby and CJP have left. If we can keep our current staff together a few years I feel like we can have a successful football program the next few years.
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back