SEC Predictions

BruinVol

Heading into SEC play I thought it would be fun to make some predictions.

Here is my crystal ball:

Georgia 22-8
Florida 20–10
Ole miss 17-13
Texas A&M 16-14
Vandy 16-14
Miss state 16-14
LSU 15-15
Arkansas 15-15
Auburn 14-16
Alabama 13-17
Tenn 13-17
Usce 13-17
Mizzu 12-18
Kentucky 8-22

for entertainment purposes only ladies and gentlemen

Dang, I know SEC is stacked but was hopeful being on the plus side of SEC play

Dang, I know SEC is stacked but was hopeful being on the plus side of SEC play

I just looked closer at the schedule. The good news is we do play the two clearly worst teams in Kentucky and Mizzu. South Carolina may turn out to the bad as well. So any team that doesn’t play them has tougher road than we do.

I’d rather skip playing florida and Georgia but we don’t play Auburn, miss, or miss state.

Reactions: joshwa
Your prediction may be pretty close. But, I gotta believe we can somehow scrape up 15 conf wins. We shall see! GBO!

Here is my crystal ball:

Georgia 22-8
Florida 20–10
Ole miss 17-13
Texas A&M 16-14
Vandy 16-14
Miss state 16-14
LSU 15-15
Arkansas 15-15
Auburn 14-16
Alabama 13-17
Tenn 13-17
Usce 13-17
Mizzu 12-18
Kentucky 8-22

GBO SEC record 16-14!!

Reactions: BruinVol
Not really a record prediction, but I am not sure Wallace can be an SEC starter. I think he probably is better off only seeing the line-up once. Hopefully I have to eat my words.

Not really a record prediction, but I am not sure Wallace can be an SEC starter. I think he probably is better off only seeing the line-up once. Hopefully I have to eat my words.

Agreed. He just isn’t efficient enough to go deep in games as a starter and that has been against some bad teams. I think Hunley needs to be the 3rd starter

Reactions: 6-4-3
Agreed. He just isn’t efficient enough to go deep in games as a starter and that has been against some bad teams. I think Hunley needs to be the 3rd starter
I will second that. Hunley has been very effective and efficient as a starter over his career in SEC and non conf games and has a lot of experience in that role. Hunley is not a Friday night guy. But, I agree with you that he would be a solid starter for the Sunday slot. Who would you slide into the Saturday role in your opinion? Dallas or Leath?

I will second that. Hunley has been very effective and efficient as a starter over his career in SEC and non conf games and has a lot of experience in that role. Hunley is not a Friday night guy. But, I agree with you that he would be a solid starter for the Sunday slot. Who would you slide into the Saturday role in your opinion? Dallas or Leath?

Dallas has to get at least one more shot and likely 2 before considering moving him. He’s been good even though I am not convinced he can keep it up

This is tough. I’m going to say 15-15. I could also see 16-14, but I have to admit. After this last series some doubt has crept in for me. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt for now though.

Reactions: StrangeVol
I just added up what I thought we would win from each series and came up with 15-15. This avoids being swept.

I wanted to come up with 16-14, so I am changing the FL series to a win.

Reactions: StrangeVol

I agree. I think the the SEC starting rotation should probably be Crochet, Dallas, and Hunley. If Sewell was healthy I think he would take Dallas’s spot.

At this point, I'm uncertain how well we may or may not do. I hope for 16-14, but I'd guess 14-16 if you pressed me. Given the way we looked this weekend my confidence has taken a dip. It's just too early to project our SEC record with any seriousness, imo.

Rotation should be Crochet, Leach, and Wallace/ Dallas this weekend. Dallas deserves one more week though.

Am I missing something? Isn't this team kicking butts right now? Did all the starters get suspended today that we are projected sub .500?

Here is my crystal ball:

Georgia 22-8
Florida 20–10
Ole miss 17-13
Texas A&M 16-14
Vandy 16-14
Miss state 16-14
LSU 15-15
Arkansas 15-15
Auburn 14-16
Alabama 13-17
Tenn 13-17
Usce 13-17
Mizzu 12-18
Kentucky 8-22

Based on early season results, this is definitely for fun, as we will soon see who kicks it up a notch in conference play. But, to play along, I think your top 3 are solid. I'm on the fence on TAM. LSU seems off a little thus far, but always seems to find their way back into a regional. The rest of your ranking from Vandy thru UT I think is a toss up for me, with Ark, MSU, Bama being my hardest ones to gauge.

Based on early season results, this is definitely for fun, as we will soon see who kicks it up a notch in conference play. But, to play along, I think your top 3 are solid. I'm on the fence on TAM. LSU seems off a little thus far, but always seems to find their way back into a regional. The rest of your ranking from Vandy thru UT I think is a toss up for me, with Ark, MSU, Bama being my hardest ones to gauge.

Vandy is hard for me to figure. They really haven’t played well at all and they have Potenial major injury issues with their weekend guys

I just looked closer at the schedule. The good news is we do play the two clearly worst teams in Kentucky and Mizzu. South Carolina may turn out to the bad as well. So any team that doesn’t play them has tougher road than we do.

I’d rather skip playing florida and Georgia but we don’t play Auburn, miss, or miss state.

Miss St dropping the series to LBS makes me have early season doubts on them. That was a decent early season match-up to see how you were progressing toward league play.

Miss St dropping the series to LBS makes me have early season doubts on them. That was a decent early season match-up to see how you were progressing toward league play.

And they have major injuries

Reactions: GVF

Here is my crystal ball:

Georgia 22-8
Florida 20–10
Ole miss 17-13
Texas A&M 16-14
Vandy 16-14
Miss state 16-14
LSU 15-15
Arkansas 15-15
Auburn 14-16
Alabama 13-17
Tenn 13-17
Usce 13-17
Mizzu 12-18
Kentucky 8-22

Don't count Arkansas out. I know they had a five game losing streak, but two things, look at who they lost to, and they went through a four game losing streak last year and ended up in Omaha.

VN Store

Back