SEC player of the year

LittleDTO

I was at the Vanderbilt vs Mississippi State game tonight. I saw the single greatest game by an individual this year in the SEC. Shan Foster clinched the SEC POY award tonight. J.Gordon is good but Foster was in another class tonight. The 3s he hit at the end of regulation and in overtime were NBA 3s with sometimes 2 guys in his face.

I've said it all along, Foster should be POY, with last night's performance he locked it up

I also agree he locked it up with that performance...I was leaning toward Tyler and a couple others, but after last night it is definitely Foster.

Foster should get it without a doubt
Runner up should be imo. Jarvis Denardo (sp).

Tyler has been out of that hunt for quite a while. Guys on teams like ours don't really have a prayer at POY and AA type awards. Which of UF's guys won SEC POY over the last two seasons, even though the 2 best players in the conference clearly resided at UF?

Tyler is the best basketball player in the SEC, hands down. Next season, when we have fewer threats, he will prove it in a significant way.

good point about FL BPV....POY is gravy imo. i'm much happier with the championship banner.

Tyler has been out of that hunt for quite a while. Guys on teams like ours don't really have a prayer at POY and AA type awards. Which of UF's guys won SEC POY over the last two seasons, even though the 2 best players in the conference clearly resided at UF?

Tyler is the best basketball player in the SEC, hands down. Next season, when we have fewer threats, he will prove it in a significant way.

I thought the same until Jeff Green won Big East POY last year with stats and a role very similar to Tyler's.

That being said I'd be shocked if Foster didn't win it, especially given his heroics against MSU the other night.

I thought the same until Jeff Green won Big East POY last year with stats and a role very similar to Tyler's.

That being said I'd be shocked if Foster didn't win it, especially given his heroics against MSU the other night.
I was shocked that he won it, but he was easily the class player in the conference. If he were still around this season and put up the same stats, he would depart without the trophy.

I was shocked that he won it, but he was easily the class player in the conference. If he were still around this season and put up the same stats, he would depart without the trophy.

Disagree, if he were still there G'town would be the #1 team in the country, and they'd be forced to give it to him. Who in the Big East has had such a great season anyways?

Disagree, if he were still there G'town would be the #1 team in the country, and they'd be forced to give it to him. Who in the Big East has had such a great season anyways?
harangody.

g'town with green would not have the team that KU or UCLA has

harangody.

g'town with green would not have the team that KU or UCLA has

Harangody has had a very good year, but I would think that a final four team last year with everybody back along with the #5 overall pick and reigning conference POY would have to be the frontrunners for the National Title and Green for POY.

VN Store

Back