SEC Player of the Week For Burdick

VN News

For the first time in her career, Tennessee sophomore Cierra Burdick has been named SEC Women's Basketball Player of the Week, the league office announced Monday.

More...

She almost had a triple double!!! 3 more turnovers vs. Kentucky and she would have had 10.

I am proud of her and have seen an improvement in her this season, but no way an SEC POW has 7 TO's in one of the games being judge on.

More to her credit, she seems to really have a positive attitude and has been more aggressive towards rebounding too.

We have to be able to attack these aggressive teams more without turning the ball over so much. We looked tired and weak Sunday.

Both the men's and women's teams got no shows from their point guards this past weekend too.

It's been really fun watching Cierra play for the LVs this year. She has been tremendous for this team. I think this is just the first of many Player of the Week and other awards coming to her if she continues to perform like she is doing now. I look forward to seeing her grow and mature into a wonderful leader and player for the LVs in the future.

The part of the game that she and most of the players on the team need to work on is passing the basketball. She makes to many risky passes as does Massengale, Simmons, Graves the entire bunch. They need to remember any possession that you don't get a shot off just hurts your chances of winning. We gave Kentucky 31 extra possessions no way we were gonna win doing that.

VN Store

Back