SEC overrated again?

VolFuture

(Of P5s) The SEC had the most teams in, and the Second fewest teams through to the round of 32.

A breakdown of how many teams in vs their NCAA tournament record.
SEC- 8 (4-4) 50%
ACC- 7 (5-2) 71%
PAC- 6 (3-3) 50%
B12- 6 (6-0) 100%
B10- 6 (5-1) 83%

Rn the PAC (which everyone knew was down) and the SEC (who was the most hyped) have the lowest winning percentages.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexvol
To know how too heavy a league is I like to look at conference breakdown of the Elite 8.

Last year the Big12 had the fewest teams in but the most reach the Elite 8!

(Of P5s) Most teams in, Second fewest teams through to the round of 32.

SEC- 8 (4-4)
ACC- 7 (5-2)
PAC- 6 (3-3)
B12- 6 (6-0)
B10- 6 (5-1)

Rn the PAC (which everyone knew was down) and the SEC (who was the most hyped) are on the bottom.
Yep both men and women overrated.

I'll repost this and dedicate to VolFuture and his last two days of posts

The trickster told the Lady Vol regular "You and your team are unworthy"

The LV regular replied, "No, the team is gritty and motivated."

The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the Wizard of Wisdom As they approached the WoW on her throne, the trickster started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the LV team and board members are unworthy?"

The WoW replied: "If you believe it is true ,the LV team and board members are unworthy”

The trickster rushed forward and continued: ′′The Lady Vol boarders disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."

The WoW declared: “The Lady Vol boarders will be punished with three days of not being on the Vol Nation board.”

The trickster jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The LV team and boarders are unworthy."

The LV regular said to the WoW "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the Lady Vol team is quality, plays with class and grit and we boarders are committed to our team"

The WOW replied, ′′You've known and seen that the LV team plays with class and grit"

The LV regular asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"

The WOW replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of the worthiness of the LV team or boarders The punishment is because it is degrading for an, intelligent person like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"
The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.

The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the Wizard of Wisdom As they approached the WoW on her throne, the trickster started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the LV team and board members are unworthy?"

The WoW replied: "If you believe it is true ,the LV team and board members are unworthy”

The trickster rushed forward and continued: ′′The Lady Vol boarders disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."

The WoW declared: “The Lady Vol boarders will be punished with three days of not being on the Vol Nation board.”

The trickster jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The LV team and boarders are unworthy."

The LV regular said to the WoW "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the Lady Vol team is quality, plays with class and grit and we boarders are committed to our team"

The WOW replied, ′′You've known and seen that the LV team plays with class and grit"

The WOW replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of the worthiness of the LV team or boarders The punishment is because it is degrading for an, intelligent person like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"
The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

I’m sure you think I’ll read this, I won’t bc lol y’all gatekeeping a message board…. Doesn’t change the fact that the SEC is sucking it up

(Of P5s) The SEC had the most teams in, and the Second fewest teams through to the round of 32.

SEC- 8 (4-4) 50%
ACC- 7 (5-2) 71%
PAC- 6 (3-3) 50%
B12- 6 (6-0) 100%
B10- 6 (5-1) 83%

Rn the PAC (which everyone knew was down) and the SEC (who was the most hyped) have the lowest winning percentages.
To be fair two teams played higher seeds. So only two lost to lower seeds. Probably need more information and see where we go from here. The ACC was the higher seed in six of their games. The Big Ten was the higher seed in five of their games. The Big 12 was the higher seed in four. The Pac 12 was the higher seed in five.

To be fair two teams played higher seeds. So only two lost to lower seeds. Probably need more information and see where we go from here. The ACC was the higher seed in six of their games. The Big Ten was the higher seed in five of their games. The Big 12 was the higher seed in four. The Pac 12 was the higher seed in five.
However to be touted as the BEST by a long shot… this is definitely an underperformance.

Teams losing to lower seed in the SEC Kentucky and Ole Miss. Va Tech of the ACC lost to a lower seed, Oregon, Wash St, Colorado all lost to lower seeds, Nebraska lost to a lower seed, All the Big Ten teams played lower seeds. So we need to see where it goes from here. Right now SEC two losses to lower seeds, Acc 1, Pac 12 3, big 12 1, Big Ten hasn't played any. So very close could still go anyway.

SEC might have been overrated, as a conference, prob was. I will say the line on the SC vs Mia game is stupid, based on how Mia is playing now how the hell is the line -24 SC? That’s just stupid. They can play with anyone now and their games vs the likes of Louisville and other top teams shows that.

Still a bunch of bias in these predicted outcomes, it’s like the people making making those predictions don’t watch basketball games. I expect Miami to give SC all they can handle, hope I am wrong but don’t think so.

Reactions: VolFuture
However to be touted as the BEST by a long shot… this is definitely an underperformance.
Maybe a little to this point, but no conference is extremely better than any other so plenty of games left to see how it goes. ACC could hit a ditch in the second round playing higher seeds. The SEC has lower seeds in three of four games. So it could change dramatically. The Big 12 and Big Ten haven't been tested enough with higher seeds to this point.

Last edited:
**ahem** again for those in the back: "Darth Vol was right!"

giphy.gif

There is probably over a hundred different ways to rate a conference and they are all subjective.
I just look at the number of teams each conference has at elite 8. Very subjective but very simple. It also removes some of the advantage some teams have from playing at home.

There is probably over a hundred different ways to rate a conference and they are all subjective.
I just look at the number of teams each conference has at elite 8. Very subjective but very simple. It also removes some of the advantage some teams have from playing at home.
I agree the elite 8 is good to see how top heavy a conference is. But then u miss depth

Last edited:
Reactions: Raebo and Rooster1
South Carolina looks like garbage and Georgia isn't even competitive.

Just remember, Tennessee finished third in this mighty conference y'all...

Reactions: VolFuture

Outstanding

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
I kind of miss when M. State was good. At least they carried some of the weight with SC. Now you got most of the conference going out in the first and 2nd round. That being said, Come on Tennessee and LSU. Just make it to the sweet 16.

VN Store

Back