Sec Network (Terrible programming)

Because the SEC is a strong conference in softball and Florida is the remaining SEC softball team in the WCWS. If you don’t like them mentioning it, mute your TV or stream. if you don’t like watching it, change the channel for a bit. It’s really that simple.😉

And contrary to what you might assume, people do care about softball here.
People here do care about softball just not Florida Softball

I would love to see the Ole Miss Bama game of 1969 when Archie Manning ran like crazy on the tater diggers, but his team still lost. There are lots of classics like that out there to watch if ESPN would just do it. ABC and ESPN are merged now.

Totally agree. Even though I am no Bama fan I remember grownups talking about Lee Roy Jordan's performance in the '63 Orange Bowl as being one of the greatest performances they had ever seen in shutting down Oklahoma. I would love to see that, especially since you're no longer allowed to play defense.

For you people who are under the age of 50, Bear Bryant called Jordan the greatest player he ever coached.

But the best Orange Bowl is the '39 Tenn v. Oklahoma. It's remembered as the dirtiest Bowl game in history. Both teams were penalized multiple times for personal fouls. I have a video tape of the game (no sound) that I bought a few yeas ago from UT. It's hilarious. Shot from field level half the time. You don't know what happened because you don't have sound and the refs didn't give clear signals back then, but they are constantly remarking the ball for 15 yards one way or another.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
This! This is what drives me crazy. Tennessee. #1 team in the country. Original member of the SEC...and the SEC network is carrying a recorded Kentucky spring football scrimmage instead of the championship game from the Knoxville regional. I would fire them ALL on the spot for even thinking of such a stupid decision. Where's the dang game!!!:mad:

This! This is what drives me crazy. Tennessee. #1 team in the country. Original member of the SEC...and the SEC network is carrying a recorded Kentucky spring football scrimmage instead of the championship game from the Knoxville regional. I would fire them ALL on the spot for even thinking of such a stupid decision. Where's the dang game!!!:mad:
They're showing the Texas A&M game at 8

Funny. The SEC channel is for the....SEC. All teams, all sports--well, not all sports, unfortunately. It's not the Tennessee channel--but feel free to give that a go yourself, since you are so aggrieved.
Live action in a NCAA Regional baseball tournament vs some replay of an off season spott doesn’t make much sense. However, if you prefer reruns you have your channel. Have at it.

Last edited:
Because this is Title IX month. All of ESPN is showing and talking about women’s sports. At least half of the show is about women’s sports and since FL is the only softball team left playing from the SEC, they get the attention.

Live action in a NCAA Regional baseball tournament vs some replay of an off season spott doesn’t make much sense. However, if you prefer reruns you have your channel. Have at it.

If you logiocally think about it, there are reasons for this. It most likely has to do with expenses and the lack of eyes watching mid-Sunday. These stations don't put on programming to lose money. I don't believe that any of the ESPN national channels have ever used the "local commentators" that are used on ESPN+, and I believe there are more cameras used for national games. Neal/Walker did the A&M series and that was on SECN. Hart/Peterson did the Auburn series and that was on a channel. Monaco/McDonald did our series on ESPNU. I believe Burke was in studio on their Squeeze Play show. As a result, they didn't have a national crew to broadcast, and some of the series don't involve SEC teams.

Reactions: MAD

The A&M/TCU game was on SECN. It just started an hour later.

I’d be curious to know what percentage of non baseball fans but are Tennessee football and basketball fans have been tuning in this year?

VN Store

Back