SEC Lifts Ban on Alcohol Sales in Stadiums

I suspect that there will be maybe one or two concession stands even selling beer in the entire stadium. They will definitely be
carding everybody trying to buy it. Selling beer in the stadium will certainly help job security for the police.

16-20oz drafts, will be 7$ or so, won't charge 9-11$ like NFL NBA MLB. Atlanta new Stadium concession policy is fantastic, and will likely be what colleges do for beer pricing

Doubtful. This is all about the money. Atlanta concession policy applies to food to encourage family attendance. Alcohol is still full retail price.

$9 or $10 for a tall boy is what we’ll likely see.

Reactions: TrueOrange
True, but having attended many pro and college football games I definitely think the college football games are more family friendly, and I attribute that to the absence of alcohol.

What Willy Wonka world you living in? There's drinking all over the place before the games, walking to the stadium, drinking during the games, and drinking after the games. There is zero "absence of alcohol" at college football games. Frankly it's the opposite, the zenith of many people's week is a binge drinking experience at a college football game.

I think since only about 70k or so show up now, it won't be priority.
A night game at neyland stadium will soon be the hardest ticket to get in all of sports. More so than the Bristol night race peak nascar. Yes I’ve been drinking. Yes I will stand behind this statement tomorrow. Thank you all.

Reactions: volfaninky
A night game at neyland stadium will soon be the hardest ticket to get in all of sports. More so than the Bristol night race peak nascar. Yes I’ve been drinking. Yes I will stand behind this statement tomorrow. Thank you all.
A generation of fans has been mostly lost, and the product is showing no signs of improvement. You have a pipe dream.

It's a futile attempt to help raise ticket prices, that will surely have consequences. Watch the DUI's every gameday weekend increase

Reactions: AM64
Until Fulmer gets the improvements going it don’t matter. UT concessions suck. Access to concessions suck. The biggest benefit is that many people will feel less inclined to binge drink before arriving.

UT cost themselves a ton of money because so many people know access to concessions is a nightmare, unless you are in the improved North and east side.

Reactions: WesternNCVol
Until Fulmer gets the improvements going it don’t matter. UT concessions suck. Access to concessions suck. The biggest benefit is that many people will feel less inclined to binge drink before arriving.

UT cost themselves a ton of money because so many people know access to concessions is a nightmare, unless you are in the improved North and east side.

Yeah that’s the thing that shocked me when I first went there last year. Food sucked and the bathrooms were terrible.

While it’s different, the minor league baseball team not far from me has much better food and a nice small stadium with cheap tickets.

I’m all for it.

Hopefully it makes Neyland more hostile but without folks chugging a handle of Jack pregame maybe it’ll just make it more even keel...

on second thought let’s just sell mixed drink and liquor. I’m more into Jack and Coke than beer anyway.

VN Store

Back