SEC Hoops Jobs Ranked by Coaches

Florida's "history" is apparently the 22 post season games when they were in FFs. Half of the 20 wins or more were versus unranked teams more deserving of the NIT. So we're really talking about going around 10-2 spread over 4 seasons versus decent competition.

Go Gaytas!

Still have two more titles and 5 more final fours than us

They’ve made a Final Four?
How proud were you? LOL I will admit they did great under Donovan. But you remove his years and they have nothing. Tennessee > Florida RIGHT NOW and for the foreseeable future. Please turn in your card and move to Gainesville

How proud were you? LOL I will admit they did great under Donovan. But you remove his years and they have nothing. Tennessee > Florida RIGHT NOW and for the foreseeable future. Please turn in your card and move to Gainesville

They made an elite eight more recently than Tennessee. It’s kinda cute how mad you are about me being a supposed troll tho lol

Yeah, lately zjc has become a total nega-basket-Vol. Well, I still like that he is a Pistons fan, at least. The real Isiah Thomas is the all-time greatest NBA player, 6 feet or under, tho. Surely, zjc agrees with me on that ? Right @zjcvols ?

Championship pedigree Fair

More tourney success this decade Fair, though both schools have had tourney success in that time.

A more stable Athletic Department I think our AD is currently the most stable it's been in a decade, or more.

Arena that was just recently renovated Not sure what this is proof of.

Better recruiting area True, but most of those players are non-native Floridians playing for schools like IMG and Montverde Academy.

Better NBA profile for draftees Mike White has put exactly 0 players into the NBA Draft in 4 years as coach.

Yeah, lately zjc has become a total nega-basket-Vol. Well, I still like that he is a Pistons fan, at least. The real Isiah Thomas is the all-time greatest NBA player, 6 feet or under, tho. Surely, zjc agrees with me on that ? Right @zjcvols ?

I don’t think saying Florida is a better job than Tennessee is being a nega-Vol.

And yes, he is. He’s still the greatest pure PG ever IMO.

Reactions: The Dog
I don’t think saying Florida is a better job than Tennessee is being a nega-Vol.

Nah, I don't know if Florida is a better job right now or not, but 2 NCs and all those Final 4s, give 'em a better resume, imo

Yes, our AD seems to be fixed but still Florida has more stability.

White hasn’t had that success and Grant/Admiral/new recruits could change that.
So, then those things don't make Florida a better job, right now.

JMO, but you seem to be taking the contrarian stance here and basing it on half-truths and semi-recent historical data that was a blip on the radar in the big picture. Florida enjoyed a really good 10-12 year run of high level basketball success, and if you rank overall program success by the measure in which they excelled in that span, I won't argue that Florida hasn't been the better program. However, your stance that Florida is clearly the better job, at the moment, isn't really true based on most factors, and you don't even seem to be willing to soften your stance on that despite the evidence to the contrary.

Reactions: OrangeAllDay

It’s not, but you tried to pass it on as a cut and dry fact. Which it’s not. It’s pretty easy to argue UT is a better job today, because all you have in Florida’s case is tourney success under one coach. Hey if that’s enough for you then so be it, but saying “it’s not complicated at all” is lame at best.

Reactions: cncchris33
It’s not, but you tried to pass it on as a cut and dry fact. Which it’s not. It’s pretty easy to argue UT is a better job today, because all you have in Florida’s case is tourney success under one coach. Hey if that’s enough for you then so be it, but saying “it’s not complicated at all” is lame at best.
Exactly my point, as well. And to boot, he has conceded many of the points he tried to pass off as viable reasons as to why Florida>Tennessee, but not softened the overall hardline stance.

Unstoppable Force = Immovable Object

^This is what I think about every "debate" that happens in this forum. No one ever admits they're wrong nor concedes any point. Pride behind a keyboard and screen makes no sense to me. Everyone wants to be perceived as all-knowing and an insider. Get over it people. We're all amateurs and fans here. All of us. Our OPINIONS are for discussion only. They're not using our commentary to write history here.

Reactions: tennrich1
So, then those things don't make Florida a better job, right now.

JMO, but you seem to be taking the contrarian stance here and basing it on half-truths and semi-recent historical data that was a blip on the radar in the big picture. Florida enjoyed a really good 10-12 year run of high level basketball success, and if you rank overall program success by the measure in which they excelled in that span, I won't argue that Florida hasn't been the better program. However, your stance that Florida is clearly the better job, at the moment, isn't really true based on most factors, and you don't even seem to be willing to soften your stance on that despite the evidence to the contrary.

On six of my points why Florida is currently a better job, you agreed with me on four of them. So what true factors am I not using? Maybe my White analogy wasn’t great (though still a decent point), but the overall point remains.

Hell the article of the original article had Florida #2 and Tennessee #4, so I’m not exactly dropping hot takes saying Florida is a better job. I think there is some homerism and also some recency bias from the last two years in this thread regarding Tennessee’s prestige as a job.

On six of my points why Florida is currently a better job, you agreed with me on four of them. So what true factors am I not using? Maybe my White analogy wasn’t great (though still a decent point), but the overall point remains.

Hell the article of the original article had Florida #2 and Tennessee #4, so I’m not exactly dropping hot takes saying Florida is a better job. I think there is some homerism and also some recency bias from the last two years in this thread regarding Tennessee’s prestige as a job.
No, I agreed with 3 of your 6 points, and listed caveats attached to 2 of those 3. And don't you think recency bias is at least somewhat warranted and relevant when talking about how good one job is compared to another at this current moment? Recency=now.

Lastly, I'm not banging the table to say Tennessee is, hands down, a better job than Florida. I just think your hardline belief that it isn't really even debatable is garbage.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I, for one, am stunned that another thread turned into a Rick Barnes debate
1. Who is arguing anything about Rick Barnes, one way or the other?

2. If this were a Rick Barnes debate, it would probably be the most appropriate thread for it to occur. After all, the thread title is, " SEC Hoops Jobs Ranked By Coaches".

1. Who is arguing anything about Rick Barnes, one way or the other?

2. If this were a Rick Barnes debate, it would probably be the most appropriate thread for it to occur. After all, the thread title is, " SEC Hoops Jobs Ranked By Coaches".
Oh I wasn't trying to call you out. It wasn't you I was referring to, it was a few posts back.

VN Store

Back